slug control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Nemaslug.

+1 .
You just need to plan a little.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sharp sand from your local builders' merchant.

Add a bit of cement and you could make them little concrete boots and drown the buggers .
Add even more sand, and more cement and build a big wall! Preferably with an electrified fence along its side and a couple of hedgehogs stationed on the top to pick off any slugs that make it that far. If you are really paranoid, then set up a tent inside the wall and tell your children/grandchildren that there is a bounty on slugs and let them camp out overnight with torches. They will think it is really exciting and you could probably get away with one KitKat per 100 slugs!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yep - my daughter bought some of that wool. Completely hopeless.

Davidc

Guru
If the problem is snails just collect them up, boil them and serve with garlic and butter. That way you get to eat your veg after all, albeit in a slightly different form than you planned!

Hedgehogs! Just remember anything oral you give a slug to eat to kill it will also poison hedgehogs and other wildlife. I'd never heard of beer. I suppose there will be a few drunk hedgehogs around now
The organic pellets recommended by the RHS at Rosemoor say they're harmless to hedgehogs, birds and other wildlife..

Top Bottom