SLX brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paxterg

Veteran
I have a pair of SLX brakes on my MTB, the pads aren't worn and I just have replaced the discs. The brakes have no bite, very poor performance. I did everything I need to to bed them in, I've just had the pads out, cleaned them and roughed them up against the concrete wall!! Anyone any suggestions other than new pads!! TIA

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
New pads. You could try sanding them (not against a wall), but if that doesn't work, new ones. Uber Bike for cheap, good pads.

My wife's SLX pads did this - possible contamination as it's not an overly 'well used' bike and has only been subject to light braking - the pads glaized, worked initially after sanding, but soon were rubbish. Cleaned disks and changed pads. Fine.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have a pair of SLX brakes on my MTB, the pads aren't worn and I just have replaced the discs. The brakes have no bite, very poor performance. I did everything I need to to bed them in, I've just had the pads out, cleaned them and roughed them up against the concrete wall!! Anyone any suggestions other than new pads!! TIA
Did you clean the new discs after fitting them?

Top Bottom