Small bike stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sidevalve

Über Member
Just bought one of the small bike stands [the type that holds the bike up with the rear wheel off the floor]. Only cost £12 and what brilliant bit of kit. 1000% better than tuning the bike upside down and makes chain, gear and cable lube and adjust jobs [and anything else that doesn't involve front wheel removal] far simpler. Not as good as a proper bike stand of course but easy to store, carry and use. Well worth a go if the space [or cash] is limited.

MisterStan

Label Required
Just bought one of the small bike stands [the type that holds the bike up with the rear wheel off the floor]. Only cost £12 and what brilliant bit of kit. 1000% better than tuning the bike upside down and makes chain, gear and cable lube and adjust jobs [and anything else that doesn't involve front wheel removal] far simpler. Not as good as a proper bike stand of course but easy to store, carry and use. Well worth a go if the space [or cash] is limited.

Where? :smile:

OP
OP
sidevalve

sidevalve

Über Member
Yep, that's the sort of thing. The one I found [local cheapo shop, god knows how they got hold of 'em. Gone now, sadly]] was the Draper version as sold on E bay for about £15 + postage.
PS check out E bay for full size work/repair stands. I noticed they seem to have some at £39 postage included. Not as cheap as Lidl but not bad [can't vouch for the quality though].

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
If you want an inexpensive stand for storing your bike, these are really good. They make the bike free standing, and as the back wheel is raised off the floor also allow you to work on the bike - indexing etc. I keep all my bikes on them. (Not suitable for bikes with oversize down tubes however). Decathlon stand

Top Bottom