Small Heath cycle muggings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
On the Birmingham Police Facebook page:

We are asking cyclists who use the canal towpath between Golden Hillock Road and Small Heath bridge to be vigilant.

We have had reports of three robberies in the area over the past few days.

The offences have occurred between 4pm and 6pm and the victims have been subjected to physical violence before having their pedal bikes stolen.

We suspect they are targeting cyclists who are commuting home from work.

Anyone with any information or footage is asked to contact police on 101, quoting 20BE/143399D/17, 20BE/141776U/17 or 20BE/141768W/17.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Fear of this sort of thing is why I generally avoid cycle paths.

Drago

Legendary Member
If all you've said or implied about your physique were true, no one in their right mind would try to get your bike off you. So I'm going to take the implication that you're really a nine-stone weakling after all ^_^.

You surely saw my rippling torso when I met Darth Vader?

SteveF

You surely saw my rippling torso when I met Darth Vader?
xa64k.jpg

pplpilot

Guru
I work in Brum city ctr and I used to regularly cycle from home in Knowle to work and back and for the most part very pleasant, a few incidents along the small heath section last summer with colleagues kind put me off using the canal, shame it was great in the summer as there are a few nice canal side pubs near home which was always welcome.

Drago

Legendary Member
On a sensible note. About 15 years ago when I was a burly PC in Sctumtown, a not disimikar thing was happening to people late at night in a large local park.

I volunteered to go out, stagger round with a beer can pretending to bendrunj, and wave around my mobile phone, and see who'd take the bait so they could be pounced upon my my colleagues who'd be hiding in the bushes.

I was knocked back because it would be "too dangerous." Gods honest truth.

Most bobbies would love a crack at 'em, but then risk averse middle management would rather the public get raped and pillaged than risk having to do the paperwork, or having the stain in their record come promotion time.

Top Bottom