Small road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 41544

Hi all, been away for a while off bikes with severe elbow tendonitis. Now cleared up and looking to get back out there. Looking for a small road bike - budget around £250.
Thanks

How small is small?

Polocini

Veteran
Hi I've got a Trek Crockett 7 - 52cm. £250. Full spec HERE except shimano rs11 wheels. Pics HERE
I bought this off ebay and it came in the worst packaging ever causing scratches and a small dent on the top tube. It needs a gear index and new bar tape but the components are all in good condition. I could throw in some 50/34 compact chainrings as well. Great bike for road and cross use.

I'm based in Manchester.

AL

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

[QUOTE 5239904, member: 10119"]How small is small?[/QUOTE]

Anything from as small as a bike with full size wheels can go up to around the 50cm Mark

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

Hi I've got a Trek Crockett 7 - 52cm. £250. Full spec HERE except shimano rs11 wheels. Pics HERE
I bought this off ebay and it came in the worst packaging ever causing scratches and a small dent on the top tube. It needs a gear index and new bar tape but the components are all in good condition. I could throw in some 50/34 compact chainrings as well. Great bike for road and cross use.

I'm based in Manchester.

AL

Looks good. 52cm might be pushing it though. What do the measurements say on the seat tube?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Halfords will sell you a brand spanking new Carrera Zelos for £220, smallest frame size is a 51cm which their website states is suitable for people who are 5' 3" - 5' 9" tall.

www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/carrera-zelos-mens-road-bike-51-54cm-frames

Or for an extra £40, they'll sell you a Carrera Virtuoso.

Polocini

Veteran
I only rode the trek once round the block as I was spewing after it arrived scratched etc. I'm 5ft 6 the post is set for that in the pics. I'd have dropped and put a 100mm stem on it. You can google the geo. Sorry to be lazy but its been a long day and I can't be arsed going out to the garage and measuring it. The info is online! I can measure it tomorrow afternoon tho if needed.

AL

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

Should add i’m 5’5” looking for something a little more racy than a cross bike or a carrera. I have a virtuoso at the minute, which I paid £50 and it’s great, but want something a bit more of a performance model without the hassle of e bay auctions

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

[QUOTE 5241244, member: 45"]FB Market Place?[/QUOTE]

Yeah or Shpock, patience is a virtue as they say, something right size and in budget will come up

colly

Re member eR
This might suit you.
Carbon and alloy Saracen.

It's been gathering dust for ages and might need a bit of fettling. It's made up with wheels brakes gears etc (Campag)
If you might be interested let me know and I'll get some proper photos.

[000470].jpg [000478]r.jpg [000481].jpg [000482].jpg [000483]r.jpg SDC10539.JPG ] SDC10540.JPG @rugbyleaguebiker

Last edited:
Top Bottom