Small tear in outer fabric of my paramo adventure velez light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple of thorns put two linked tears in the shoulder of my paramo velez, the lighter version. Those tears basically form a hole less than 1cm long by half a cm wide at most. It has however grown to that size from what originally looked like just snag.

I need to stop it fraying or growing. Paramo is a three fabric combining to form an effectively waterproof layer. It means the it can repaired by patching or sewing not just a glued on patch like most membrane fabrics. I however am not good at wielding a needle and thread. So wonder if there's a good alternative? I have iron on tape in black, grey and white. Perhaps a small piece of that rolled up then shoved into the gap and cool ironed to fix it. I could pull the edges of the tear together before the iron fixes it. The small area would not matter with the extra layer of what could be cotton. It would mostly be hidden by the paramo outer edges of the hole bought together and sealed to the tape piece.

Or should I just bunch up the edges of the tear and put a few locks tithes in? Or similar stitches?

Any advice on this repair?

Gillstay

Über Member
I would contact Paramo as they should suggest something. I know Patagonia will help keep their products going.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I've got one with a few holes in it and I've just stitched them up.Its rips very easily that Fabric or you can send it in for repair as already mentioned. I don't know how much it will cost you will have to ask them?

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
The problem there is that even the finest of needles leave a hole.
Best left to the manufacturer when it's expensive stuff.

The problem there is that even the finest of needles leave a hole.
Best left to the manufacturer when it's expensive stuff.
It isnt gorerex. Needle holes are not an issue with Paramo. You need the correct grade/colour patch material which Paramo will select and sew on for a very reasonable price. If you have the patch any competant sewer can apply.

whyme

I have a Paramo Cyclo jacket and similar thing happened on one side under the front pocket, I used the Paramo repair service they patched it (across the panel - I cannot post a pic to show) and also mirrored the patch on the other side so it does not look obviously repaired, the cost was not unreasonable.

Top Bottom