Small things make a difference...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I have been having a quite frustrating time at work recently, and today my line manager came into my office and said she really appreciated my efforts. She then gave me a cycling magazine and a cycling DVD and said she hoped I would enjoy them.

Small things do make a differnce.

Aw, that's nice. Things like that always make everything worthwhile. I don't think it's a particularly small thing, either; she obviously appreciates you enough to have noticed what one of your interests is, and she's responded to it. That's lovely.

longers

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
I have been having a quite frustrating time at work recently, and today my line manager came into my office and said she really appreciated my efforts. She then gave me a cycling magazine and a cycling DVD and said she hoped I would enjoy them.

Small things do make a differnce.

;). It's the little things like that that are priceless.

I used to work for a small firm where money was tight and the lads worked flat out to try and make a go of it. The boss was not a people person and could not give the lads a simple thankyou. I had many discussions with him on this matter but he simply could not do it.

A thankyou costs nowt but goes a long way.
Cycling mags and DVDs cost a bit more ;).

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I only work with one other person and he just called me a knobhead. My self esteem is a an all time low - i may spit in his tea:evil:

domtyler

Über Member
The amount of hours you've been putting in Noodley you should have at least got a blow job out of it! ;)

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
He tried but discovered he isn't that flexible !

Maz

Guru
i was leaving sainsburys the other day and the weather was filthy blustery rain etc...as my arm is in a cast at the mo' i was struggling to do up my jacket zip. the young lad supermarket fella collecting the trolleys saw me and offered his help and zipped me up. very good of him.

i dont think he lifted my wallet...!

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

User76 said:
So now you are fully preapred for the re-shuffle...

I have already experienced the "re-shuffle" and I was shuffled upwards :angry: Next month sees my 48% pay increase compared to November prior to the "re-shuufle" :wacko::biggrin: Pity it is 48% of "not much"

(No new bike, before anyone asks - yet! :rolleyes:)

simonali

Guru
Was it the copy of Cycle Sport with the LA DVD inside. I picked a copy of that up the other day and had to contemplate the purchase for a minute when I caught a look at the price!

I must be a cynical old sod. If my line manager, who I despise, bought me a present to do with cycling, i'd say, most emphatically, 'get the f**k out of my private life, b*tch!!'...

But to get a verbal/written thankyou out of the establishment I work for once a year does actually work with me motivation-wise. I'm always liberal with my thank-you's if anyone does anything to help me out, too. As you say, it costs nothing.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Kirstie said:
I must be a cynical old sod. If my line manager, who I despise, bought me a present to do with cycling, i'd say, most emphatically, 'get the f**k out of my private life, b*tch!!'...

But to get a verbal/written thankyou out of the establishment I work for once a year does actually work with me motivation-wise. I'm always liberal with my thank-you's if anyone does anything to help me out, too. As you say, it costs nothing.

Kirstie, I am shocked:ohmy: I thought you were above that sort of language:ohmy:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My workplace is full of humourless paranoid to$$ers, unfortunatley, apart from a handful of lively folk who make it bearable! The uni once gave us all vouchers for a big dept store, apart from 6 peeps in my dept who had just heard they were to be made redundant. At Xmas. We gave ours back in protest!
My immediate line manager yesterday said "thank you" to me for a job well done... he didn't have to, so I appreciate that.

Top Bottom