Small things that give immense satisfaction?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Is it a rabbit rescued from a battery farm?
You can take the rabbit out of the battery farm but you can't take the battery out of a rabbit.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Finished the big bag of sunflower seeds (husks on) so went upmarket and bought a big bag of sunflower hearts.

Well, what a difference. The seeds had been almost untouched since the winter weather started. But sunflower hearts are a different matter!

Up to 6 goldfinch (haven't seen any around here since October), usual Blue Tits, Coal Tits, Great Tits. Best of all, two Lesser Redpolls. Lived here for 14 years, never seen them in the garden before.

brand

Miss Goodbody up the road tells me she has bought a rabbit, saying it's small and will give her lots of pleasure. I offered to get some hay for it, but she said it won't need it? *confused*
Hay is for eating straw is for bedding. Although they clearly like grass not sure they would go for hay before vegetables like carrots. Either way she probably thought you may be offering her food for the rabbit? She could of course be thinking of keeping it in her house (yuch). I have a lot of rabbits albeit in the freezer. Pet ones I would have thought are not the most interesting of animals.

Last edited:

brand

Not sure this counts as little things but got a load of firewood for £10 worth of diesel for mates van. I love free wood. In fact I love free anything.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Hay is for eating straw is for bedding. Although they clearly like grass not sure they would go for hay before vegetables like carrots. Either way she probably thought you may be offer her food for the rabbit? She could of course be thinking of keeping it in her house (yuch). I have a lot of rabbits albeit in the freezer. Pet ones I would have thought are not the most interesting of animals.

Brilliant :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
Eating egg on toast. From the outside, working in...lastly eating the yolk and little bit of toast under it...in one mouthful, gorgeous.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of a guy I used to work with...
Every day, he'd have canned tomatoes with his breakfast. Every day, he'd show a tomato his knife and say...
'Harr harr, I'll slit your gizzards me hearty '...pirate style...and insert the knife so red juice spilled out onto his plate. He'd always give a self satisfied smile as he did so.

Ah well......

brand

That sounds like £10 of wood, not free wood.
True, the wood cost me nothing but I thought it only right to give mate a £10. It was about 20 odd miles away and I would have to have done it 20-30 times maybe more on a bike with trailer. Not really practical. Anyway it was really his wood he was just sharing, doing a trip for each of us.
PS trailer on back of van as well and Greenheart wood to boot. Tomorrow a load of decking in excellent condition. May use it for something else ie raised beds. Or flog it on eBay? The Greenheart is by the fire and smells beautiful! I think £10 going his way again tomorrow.

Last edited:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You never "footed" turf!!
No but my Dad did, and he took me up to where they did cut the turf on Oughtmore I think (I must ask him where it was). But they gave up the rights when I was a child. The annual delivery would fill one of the barns on the farm.

brand

I am a Lumberjack and I am okay,
I work all day and sweat all night!

IMG_20150106_161937.jpg

IMG_20150106_162001.jpg

Top Bottom