Small woman's tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

wow a cool bike builder in the sowf! I may look at this for a new road bike soon. I like the idea of being able to have an input in what th ebike looks like...although I would ned to rely on th ebuilder for the techy stuff of which I know zippo.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hi

I'm 5"1 and have a tiny little Thorn XTC which I adore. Fits me perfectly! I don't know much about the technicalities of bikes and won't pretend to, but I can wholeheartedly recommend Thorn. I phoned SJS about my giant husband too, and they were incredibly helpful and confident that they could easily work him up a bike that fitted!! Maybe try looking at a Thorn?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hi

I'm 5"1 and have a tiny little Thorn XTC which I adore. Fits me perfectly! I don't know much about the technicalities of bikes and won't pretend to, but I can wholeheartedly recommend Thorn. I phoned SJS about my giant husband too, and they were incredibly helpful and confident that they could easily work him up a bike that fitted!! Maybe try looking at a Thorn?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cathryn said:
Hi

Have you got flats or drops (if you'll excuse the innuendo)?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cathryn said:
Hi

Have you got flats or drops (if you'll excuse the innuendo)?

gwhite

Über Member
Cathryn said:
Hi

Thorn is particularly good for frames which fit small and very large people. Each size of frame come with a choice of top tube lengths to ensure a good fit and in addition they do have a good stock of cranks in various lengths..

gwhite

Über Member
Cathryn said:
Hi

Thorn is particularly good for frames which fit small and very large people. Each size of frame come with a choice of top tube lengths to ensure a good fit and in addition they do have a good stock of cranks in various lengths..

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I have drops. Took me a good few months to feel comfy on them (and i still can't indicate left) but I really like them now.

I know I bang on about my bike but I just adore her. I'd recommend Thorn to anyone. I bought her second hand from a lady the same size as me and she really liked riding the bike too. Definitely worth looking into.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I have drops. Took me a good few months to feel comfy on them (and i still can't indicate left) but I really like them now.

I know I bang on about my bike but I just adore her. I'd recommend Thorn to anyone. I bought her second hand from a lady the same size as me and she really liked riding the bike too. Definitely worth looking into.

Top Bottom