1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart Superflash

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by gambatte, 27 Sep 2007.

1. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Bought a Smart Superflash from a ‘not small’ online retailer. The blurb on the website said

"The Smart 1/2 Watt 3 LED rear cycle light is supplied with two AAA Batteries and includes bike mounts, clip mount and arm strap for multiple mounting options."

Anyway the light turned up, without delay and I can’t complain with the quality of the light. However, I can find the bike mounts and clip mount. Can’t see any arm strap?

Anyone else out there got one of these? Is it an incomplete set? Or have they got a misleading info on the website?

I was pretty easygoing about this, (the light is BRIGHT) even though it was the armstrap that made this one my choice.

However, they’ve not responded to my email query after 2 days. So I’m now getting a little p**sed off.

Anyone know? Is the armstrap normally included?

2. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I didn't have an armstrap supplied with mine. Sorry.

3. OP
    OP
    gambatte

If it’s a genuine mistake, then OK. I’m happy with the light.
    I can ‘knock up’ some kind of arm strap.
    Just think that, seeing as a customers emailed them in a definitely non-confrontational way, to not reply for 2 days is bad customer service?
    Good way to turn a customer into a critic.

4. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Who did you buy it from? and do you have a link to the website?

5. Maz

Maz Guru

I've got the same light (bought from LBS) and it didn't come with an arm strap.

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

You should return the goods as they not as described on the website. Ask for a full refund or replacement with the missing parts.

7. Emu

Emu New Member

If it's wiggle - they take at least 3 days to respond in my experience. I've sent back a jersey as it was described/pictured as short sleeved when in fact it was sleeveless. I got my money plus postage back with no problems.

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I can't work out the Wiggle email system. They usually reply to me within a day. Last week's problem with them however meant several emails backwards and forwards. All of these were responded to within 30 minutes.

9. OP
    OP
    gambatte

http://www.aktive8.com/p/Smart/Cycle-Lights/1-2-Watt-3-LED-Rear/LAM317R.html

10. magnatom

magnatom Guest

11. OP
    OP
    gambatte

You'd also expect that after 2 days after being informed, they'd have ammended their website....

12. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Maybe. I'd leave it a day or so more. Give them the benefit of doubt, and if they don't get back, then hit them hard!!xx(

13. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gambatte
    http://www.aktive8.com/p/Smart/Cycle...r/LAM317R.html
    Although any other website I've looked on do not mention the arm strap.

14. Maz

Maz Guru

No wonder there's no photo image of the light on their website...they probably "lost" the arm strap.

15. habibi

habibi New Member

i have two, bought separately, no armstraps