Smart watch for wife.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Two days battery life? Why do people put up with that? This is one of the foremost tech companies in the world, allegedly, and you're pleased you can get two days of use from an everyday-wear item?!

BTW not having a go, just amazed, not having realised it was so rubbish :laugh:

dodgy

Did I say I was pleased? As I happens I'm satisfied with the product having researched the alternatives, the integration with other apple products just makes it a pleasure to use. 🤷‍♂️

crossfire

The wife and I were given Fitbit Charge 3 by the son as a Christmas presents. I find it works well, lasts about a week, but have to charge the phone more often, records exercise and can be set to record bike ride mileage and a map, so can compare any progress, as well as steps, heart rate and sleep. Much more than I need or use

vickster

Legendary Member
Do be aware that they do scratch however careful you are (I don’t even use mine for Apple Pay)

vickster

Legendary Member
Two days battery life? Why do people put up with that? This is one of the foremost tech companies in the world, allegedly, and you're pleased you can get two days of use from an everyday-wear item?!

It doesn’t matter, charges simply overnight 👍 Ultimately it’s a luxury, not a life essential

dodgy

Also, the watch charges very quickly, if I'm about to go out for a ride and haven't bothered charging my Garmin (another thing to charge, eh?) I can put about 12 hours life into the watch with about 5 to 10 minutes of charging so use that instead to record my ride.

Drago

Legendary Member
A smart watch for your wife? Sounds a fair swap.

dodgy

I never charge mine over night, though I know many do. I just top it up when I need to, I use a sleep tracking app when in bed, gives masses of info. So far Apple haven't provided native sleep tracking, you have to install a 3rd party one. I use 'AutoSleep'.

Drago

Legendary Member

I agree. Its ridiculous what people put up with in the name of "progress".

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Unfortunately battery development lags far behind tech development so until someone finds something better than Lithium ion were stuck with it and it's limitations.

Did I say I was pleased? As I happens I'm satisfied with the product having researched the alternatives, the integration with other apple products just makes it a pleasure to use. 🤷‍♂️
That's what gets you into the vice like grip of Apple! I'm also a fan but once into their eco system it difficult to break free.

My wife who's a bit of a fitness fanatic has a Fitbit and she's very happy with it.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Maybe sleep‘s an issue because of the tracking ;) And does wearing it actually help you to sleep better?
We all choose them for our own specific purposes, which means we come to different conclusions, of course.

Yours, long-lastin', sleep-trackin', non-scratchin' etc :laugh:

BTW I'm not anti-Apple per se, we use a Mac desktop at home, but I do notice a tendency for users to be very loyal and sometimes almost affronted at any criticism, Implied or actual of their products.

Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git

I can't speak for the Apple watch but that sums up my Active aswell. I know the battery life wasn't great but the product itself is an amazing bit of kit

Top Bottom