Smartphone recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How much do you want for it?
This is the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F,

Full techs and specs are available HERE, oh and the S Pen is with the phone as well.

The phone is on great condition as I said. The Glass screen protector has a tiny crack on the bottom right corner and a minor mark on the left hand edge, but the screen itself is not marked. There's even a brand new film type screen protector included as well.

The extended battery is a PowerBear and comes with a larger rear phone cover and a fitted rubbery style cover as well.

It comes with a Unicorn Beetle hardshell 2 part case, the inner part is cracked on the bottom right corner, but when fitted this is not visible and doesn't affect anything.

There is also a silicone gel type fitted cover, (2 parts front and rear). This is slightly discolored as happens with these types of cover, but it's still fully usable and less bulky than the other one.

Full instructions are included, brand new earphones, (I can't use buds so they haven't even been opened).

I was using it until December when an upgrade meant I could switch up to the Note 8, otherwise I'd still be using it.

Having had a quick look at eBay I think I'd like £125 for the whole kit and caboodle, give me a shout if you've any questions pal.

Just let me know, if you don't want it I'll get it listed now I've taken some pics :okay:

20180119_183302.jpg 20180119_183338.jpg 20180119_183349.jpg

How much do you want for it?:smile:
When I was getting the Note 4 out I found this as well.

It's a Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300. Same rules apply re: the internet, this will do all that with the right sim.

It's a more compact phone than the Note, but it's an older one as well.

Full techs and specs are available HERE

Again it's in great condition, it was Mrs Smoo's phone before an upgrade.

Comes fully boxed with all the usual bits and bobs, and a genuine Samsung flip case and a rubbery type fitted cover as well. The flip case has some wear as it was Mrs Smoo's favourite.

The phone always had a screen protector fitted as well so the screen is mint, but it doesn't have one on it now for some reason.

I'm thinking £50 sounds about right, but TBH due to it's age now it probably won't seem any better then the J3 you bought.

20180119_183625.jpg 20180119_183632.jpg 20180119_183643.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F,

Full techs and specs are available HERE, oh and the S Pen is with the phone as well.

The phone is on great condition as I said. The Glass screen protector has a tiny crack on the bottom right corner and a minor mark on the left hand edge, but the screen itself is not marked. There's even a brand new film type screen protector included as well.

The extended battery is a PowerBear and comes with a larger rear phone cover and a fitted rubbery style cover as well.

It comes with a Unicorn Beetle hardshell 2 part case, the inner part is cracked on the bottom right corner, but when fitted this is not visible and doesn't affect anything.

There is also a silicone gel type fitted cover, (2 parts front and rear). This is slightly discolored as happens with these types of cover, but it's still fully usable and less bulky than the other one.

Full instructions are included, brand new earphones, (I can't use buds so they haven't even been opened).

I was using it until December when an upgrade meant I could switch up to the Note 8, otherwise I'd still be using it.

Having had a quick look at eBay I think I'd like £125 for the whole kit and caboodle, give me a shout if you've any questions pal.

Just let me know, if you don't want it I'll get it listed now I've taken some pics :okay:

View attachment 392201 View attachment 392202 View attachment 392203
Ok thanks. I'll think about it.:okay: Would it be a better deal than the one i saw in the shop.?

Ok thanks. I'll think about it.:okay: Would it be a better deal than the one i saw in the shop.?
Technically yes but would you use the extra things the Note can do? But then the new phone will have a guarantee and this one won't, although @ColinJ can vouch for the quality of my used phones :hugs:

I suppose to keep it in cycling terms your comparing buying a quality used bike with a new BSO. I don't mean to offend the Samsung J3* by saying that (I don't know the phone TBH), but it's a £130 new phone versus a phone that would have been about £700 when new.

It's here anyway, and if you don't want it I think I'll just sit on it as a back up for just in case so don't worry buddy :cheers:

*Is it even possible to offend a phone? :wacko:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We were on about phones down the pub last night. A young girl told me her phone cost 50 quid a month on contract. Hell i thought,that's a lot! Not only her but the 4 in her family have the same phone,so that's 200 quid a month that her dad(he pays the bill for the 4 phones on contract) has to pay!:ohmy: They're not a well off family. To me that's crazy, £2,400 of their income goes on phones!:ohmy:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I've had three Moto G phones and just got the G5 from Tesco online when my old one developed a fault 22 months into a 24 month contract. It seems pretty good so far. Tesco do a good deal and can cap the bill with a safety buffer so you don't go over the contractual payment by more than say £2.50 pcm if you are careless with mobile data. Buying online avoids the shop/ID thing, all they will need is your credit card details to confirm your ID. The normal monthly payment goes out by DD. Having all the family on a Tesco deal means we get family perks such as more data, minutes or similar & it is easy to use the online account system to check bills & usage.

https://www.tescomobile.com/shop/motorola/moto-g5
My moto e is still going strong after 3 years , does all i need.

classic33

Leg End Member
I believe even Microsoft have pretty much abandoned the Windows Phone project.
There's at least one Windows 10 handset out this year.

Could buy an unlocked used iPhone 5 or similar. Then seek out the best SIM only deal for your needs, certainly get for less than £15 a month. PAYG gets v expensive quickly
Sorry vic, i'd never buy a used tab or phone. Battery already degraded. A retailer grade A reconditioned, as in returned days after bought, would be better.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sorry vic, i'd never buy a used tab or phone. Battery already degraded. A retailer grade A reconditioned, as in returned days after bought, would be better.
It's always worked for me. Iphone under a year old bought from trusted sellers who are upgrade fields. You are still able to add additional Apple warranty for not very much

That said my current iPhone was new sim free from John Lewis with some family discount

Top Bottom