Smelly Old Ladies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davos87

Guru
It masks the urine!

Is it her or you? She has aged nostrils and doesn't notice, or you have a very sensitive nose - in any case said old lady could smell of much, much worse...
Not just old ladies or even just old or ladies and so a masking smell of scent/after shave is prefereable to me!

Is this them?

hqdefault.jpg

They probably don't realise. Mother in Law can be quite generous when applying smellies to herself, I think it's just an age thing that they're not as sensitive to it as a younger nose.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Is that a joke? Lots of young women drench themselves in strong perfume, and young men do the same with Lynx, sometimes the results are truly overpowering.
I think the sense of smell and taste does lessen as you get older. Just not sure where I read/saw that.

Oh Lynx! I had a car full of teenagers once. I could taste the stuff for days.

Is that a joke? Lots of young women drench themselves in strong perfume, and young men do the same with Lynx, sometimes the results are truly overpowering.
Didn't say it was confined to the older generations! It certainly does apply to both the MiL over the 20+ years I've known her the aroma around her has increased., and my Mother too come to it. My wife actually commented on it a few days ago. It's an observation, nothing more. We all change with age. Personally I'm looking forward to growing up - my wife is looking forward to it too.

I think the sense of smell and taste does lessen as you get older. Just not sure where I read/saw that.
Teenage son is now experimenting with booze - mostly it involves cider and bacardi and coke, there is currently some dark fruit Strongbow in the fridge awaiting the prodigals return. I was the same at his age but think the sweet sugary stuff he likes is vile. Bottled beers for me now and whiskey - which I could never stand in my 20's

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My young colleagues are so paranoid folks on public transport can smell them (we work with food and drink) that the staffroom is like a fumigation chamber!
If I tell them it's too much stuff they are dousing themselves with, the reply is "but I like the smell"

I can't find my glasses :laugh:

Top Bottom