SMIDSY. Grrrrr!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In a similar situation I found that telling the driver's insurance company I would be taking taxis until my bike was fixed sped the process up considerably.

Expand on that......mention that you were about to embark on a round the world bike trip, which you can't now do by bike. As all of your accommodation has been booked you have decided to do the trip by the only other method available to reach the areas that you would be cycling to. Taxi. :evil:

Phil mate - only just seen this as I've been off forum for a while. I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you - at least you seem (mostly) ok even if the bike isn't.

Let the sols take it up for you - that's what they are there for. If you get personally involved with the other side it will only make things messy. And it would be sensible to let the docs check you over in case anything emerges in the days and weeks to come as a result of your accident.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Have you taken photos of all the damage including the tyre skin damage ... and potentially the skid mark on the road? Which would show that you had had to brake significantly to reduce the speed at the point of impact - and that she really didn't have time to pull out.

Good luck with the claim.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Phil mate - only just seen this as I've been off forum for a while. I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you - at least you seem (mostly) ok even if the bike isn't.

Let the sols take it up for you - that's what they are there for. If you get personally involved with the other side it will only make things messy. And it would be sensible to let the docs check you over in case anything emerges in the days and weeks to come as a result of your accident.
Hey hey, good to see you back on here! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I thought I was being nice and giving the driver a chance to get out of it all with an apology and some valuable lessons learnt (i.e. look more and be careful as it could cost you a packet when you hit one of those bike things)... but by the end of the call I just wanted to push her face against a wall. Hard. :blush:

Anyways, filled out a form on RJW's website (used them last time when I was knocked off in 2008) but haven't heard back from them yet (that was done on Monday morning!) :angry: so am just about to ring them and get the ball rolling.

Top Bottom