SMIDSY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Birds are not to be trifled with en velo.

As a foolhardy youth I approached a gaggle of geese crossing the cycle path around Lake Michigan. I assumed they would move.

When I woke up in hospital with a broken collar bone and a lot less skin, I realised they had stood their ground.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
About two years ago I was cycling through the centre of town. The roads were quiet (surprising for the time of day) and I saw a bunch of seaguls on the road ahead of me. As I got closer, they started to fly away. And then suddenly changed course and headed directly for me. Luckily I avoided them but it was might scary.

I seem to have more incidents on the roads with other animals than I do with pedestrians really. You would think that birds and cats would have a little bit of road sense wouldnt you?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 2283797, member: 1314"]Croydon looking rather sunny and palm-treed for this time of the year. ****ing down on the rest of the Dark Streets of London.[/quote]
Haven't you heard, croydon is a utopia!

Sandra6

Veteran
Ha ha! Like it.
I had a small bird fly out from a garden yesterday and scare me, I thought it was going to go under the wheels but it veered off.

cd365

Guru
Try hitting a pigeon at speed on a motorbike, not nice at all

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The Robins we have here in the States (not like Britain's Robins, rather like a thrush with an orange breast) always fight over their territories in the spring. They usually wait for a cyclist to come by before they start this display, adding a level of brinkmanship. They bat each other with their wings, right in front of the bike, then retire to their separate fiefdoms. Unnerving.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Pal of mine had a blackbird go through a wheel... feathers everywhere & it was a goner.. but the bike was OK !
A long time ago , I drove a Mini, a very quick Mini, I used it on Road Rallies, sprints, autocross... I was driving through a lane near my then house , came round a corner and there was a flock of chickens in the road, I braked and swerved but hit one. Looked in my rear view mirror and there was a snowstorm of feathers. Remember it was a Mini, remember I used it for rallies? It was fitted with a sumpguard , one that had 5 big holes on the front angle, the chicken had been squirted through those holes and was now cooking on the gearbox/sump. The car smelt of roast chicken for weeks.

sabian92

Über Member
A long time ago , I drove a Mini, a very quick Mini, I used it on Road Rallies, sprints, autocross... I was driving through a lane near my then house , came round a corner and there was a flock of chickens in the road, I braked and swerved but hit one. Looked in my rear view mirror and there was a snowstorm of feathers. Remember it was a Mini, remember I used it for rallies? It was fitted with a sumpguard , one that had 5 big holes on the front angle, the chicken had been squirted through those holes and was now cooking on the gearbox/sump. The car smelt of roast chicken for weeks.

:laugh:

Brilliant.

I got a bee stuck in my helmet strap once. S**t myself considering I was doing 35mph and didn't want to take my hands off the bars to get it out!

Top Bottom