Smidsy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
Club member hit by a car on a ride this morning.

Woman in a Volvo overtook in face of an incoming artic and cut back in, side swiping him.

Luckily there was nothing behind the artic as he ended on the wrong side of the road.

Some people are just stupid.

Bad blow to the head, still waiting to hear full update

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
She fully saw him but made a dangerous overtake and was then more concerned about the artic hitting her car than her hitting your mate.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
She didn't stop, but a friend chased her, made her stop and put his bike in front of her car. She then got out without putting her hand brake on and rolled over the bike! You couldn't make it up.

Yes police did turn up but not sure of outcome (I wasn't on the ride)

david k

Hi
She didn't stop, but a friend chased her, made her stop and put his bike in front of her car. She then got out without putting her hand brake on and rolled over the bike! You couldn't make it up.

Yes police did turn up but not sure of outcome (I wasn't on the ride)
Jeez, I hope he's ok, hopefully this has shook her up also and she changes the way she drives, Andy tells others her story which changes them also

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
There are some bloomin' awful drivers out there. Hope this one gets re-educated pronto & I hope your club member makes a good recovery.

vickster

Legendary Member
Plenty of turnip's about ATM ,nearly knocked off t this morning I am think they are not used to driving in the dark
If I rode a lot in the dark I’d make sure to have one of those highly reflective pro-viz (or similar) jackets /gilets and not just lights

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If I rode a lot in the dark I’d make sure to have one of those highly reflective pro-viz (or similar) jackets /gilets and not just lights
I do have a white gilet with reflectives, arm bands , white helmet with reflectives, bike covered in reflective stickers panniers and mudguards have reflective stripes , no excuse .

Ice2911

Über Member
Sorry to hear this. Hoping for a quick recovery. I would be interested in the response from the police to this ‘hit and run’ incident.

Top Bottom