"smoking" and driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
smoking-tour-de-france-cyclists-bikers.jpeg
It's a bugger when you're riding in a group as your ash goes into the eyes of the person behind you. Also need to be really careful where you chuck your end because lycra melts so easily.

Mmm, not sure I follow that logic. Surely it should be "worse" based on the risks to others rather than the difficulty of the police busting someone. I'd imagine that someone who's had a spliff is less danger to others than a drunken driver, as there's less likely to be agression or showing off type or over-confidence. Not to recommended it, and as a non-toker I have no axe to grind after all, but on balance, I'm guessing, and it is a guess, that the risk would be less for an "equivalent" level of intoxication.

The very simple logic I am using is that it is harder to deretmine level of intoxication due to THC in a purely scientific sense. I would not get into the silly argument over with type of intoxication makes for a better driver.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The very simple logic I am using is that it is harder to deretmine level of intoxication due to THC in a purely scientific sense. I would not get into the silly argument over with type of intoxication makes for a better driver.

Don't quite see why considering differences in effects of different drugs is silly but hey ho

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It may not affect aggression but it will have an effect on reaction time, surely?

I'm not disputing that driving stoned is bad, but suggesting that drink is more likely to bring out stupid and above all, aggressive behaviour. Stoned drivers are unlikely to be particularly on the ball granted. And for the record I don't partake of the stuff so have no axe to grind

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'm not arguing with you, don't worry, but driving whilst abilities are impaired is never going to be good, whichever end of the crap driving spectrum we're looking at.
I'm not disputing that driving stoned is bad, but suggesting that drink is more likely to bring out stupid and above all, aggressive behaviour. Stoned drivers are unlikely to be particularly on the ball granted. And for the record I don't partake of the stuff so have no axe to grind

Top Bottom