"smoking" and driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
The DIRFIT test is actually very good at detecting not only the nature of the impairment (type of drug) but also the degree of impairment. I was one of a handful of officers trialling it in 2002/3 and initial results were very positive, but the Government inexplicably pulled the plug halfway through.

I'm willing to admit that the main reason I volunteered was for the free holiday to Boston (the one in America) to be trained up as a trainer by the State Police.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Mmm, not sure I follow that logic. Surely it should be "worse" based on the risks to others rather than the difficulty of the police busting someone. I'd imagine that someone who's had a spliff is less danger to others than a drunken driver, as there's less likely to be agression or showing off type or over-confidence. Not to recommended it, and as a non-toker I have no axe to grind after all, but on balance, I'm guessing, and it is a guess, that the risk would be less for an "equivalent" level of intoxication.

The stoner's equivalent of 'drunk' is 'smashed'... depending on the contents of 'a' spliff, it could equate to a small can of weak lager, or a big can of strong stuff. a single spliff doesn't usually get me 'smashed', but sometimes it does... just like drink sometimes goes straight to ones head.

No, mostly because just checked my camera footage and unfortunately I can't make out his hackney plate number, and the reg number isn't entirely clear. I still think he's a fool though, and if I had been the passenger I would have refused to pay him.

Never mind. I shall have to think of something else public-spirited that I can do today instead...

Did it have a black cab plate or private hire? Amazing someone could be so stupid, Id smell it a lot in east London but usually from beat up builders' vans.

OP
OP
Mile195

Mile195

Veteran
Did it have a black cab plate or private hire? Amazing someone could be so stupid, Id smell it a lot in east London but usually from beat up builders' vans.
No. Not a minicab - I'd expect it then. A black cab - proper black cab "I done the knowledge so that's how come I can charge so much" black cab.

No. Not a minicab - I'd expect it then. A black cab - proper black cab "I done the knowledge so that's how come I can charge so much" black cab.

Very strange. It's an unmistakeable smell, if the grass is fresh it really stinks. It's not a discrete drug.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I commute about five and a half miles each way across west London. It's a pretty rare occurrence to not get a blast of "backdraft" on any trip. Smashed up builders' Transits seem to be the Magic Carpet of choice, at alarmingly early hours of the morning, not just Friday evenings.

Top Bottom