Smoking in cars to be banned.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
No, but he will sue his dad at 18 for putting his life at risk as a child, thus ensuring access to early inheritance.
People will sell their soul for beer and fag money.

Okay, you gotta deal. How much will you give me for my soul?

brand

No, but he will sue his dad at 18 for putting his life at risk as a child, thus ensuring access to early inheritance.
People will sell their soul for beer and fag money.
Just beer, I don't smoke.

Yesterday, in West Hendon, there was a guy driving along from one set of lights to another, with a phone in his hand, connected to the umbilical power cable...natch, the car was gliding all over the place as he texted. At the second set of lights, he was trying to light a fag while holding the phone, and move off at the same time, seemingly trying to grip the wheel too. Something had to give...it was the big steel crash bar along the back of the Luton van he drove into. I edged past the inside of the van and left them to it. Smoking could kill! :santa: :snowball:

screenman

Legendary Member
Twice when riding the motorbike I have had fag ends end up in my lap, chucked out by drivers not paying attention, or maybe on purpose.

screenman

Legendary Member
washing the windscreen is another pet hate when on a motorcycle ..car drivers do take on a "im alright jack attitude"

Forgot about that one, I have had that happen when on the bike as well. I like to think they are not doing it on purpose, just not thinking very well instead.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Don't get too exited the proposed law is to protect passengers from breathing in smoke, not to protect cyclists from being shunted by "i must have a ciggy every five minutes no matter where i am" man/woman!

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Not a smoker, never have been but I've seen how cranky some get without a cig. TBH I'd rather a happy one handed smoker than 2 hands on the wheel and their brain in the fag packet.
Utter bollocks.

Need a ciggie? Pull over and have one then. Would that sentence work with "TBH I'd rather a happy one handed texter than 2 hands on the wheel and their brain worrying about warning Sharon they are going to be late".

It won't make any difference because, as has been said, nobody will enforce it anyway, which is a shame, I've never understood how driving with a smouldering stick in your mouth could be considered safe.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I'm far more concerned with texting drivers than smoking drivers around me on my bike. I think anything to do with fiddling with phones while driving is a far more dangerous thing to be doing but yeah, academic argument as they're all just yet more in a long line of might as well not be enforced for all the deterrent current enforcement levels have.

Top Bottom