Smoking in cars to be banned.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
No but texting isn't proven to be a chemical addiction is it.
Doesn't stop you stopping driving to do it. Alcoholics aren't allowed a quick nip 'for safety'.

While driving I'm going to put a 3" tube of paper in my mouth, light it by waving a naked flame in front of my face and then manage the smouldering ash it'll create for the next ten minutes, probably by randomly flicking it out of the window without looking, even though I have an ashtray in my car. Oh. And it won't effect my driving at all, honest.

If you suggested adding something like that to your driving from fresh you'd be laughed out of town, it's only accepted because it's always been like that, which is no argument at all. I don't care about anybody's health thanks to the smoke, it's the action that is the problem.

subaqua

What’s the point
Twice when riding the motorbike I have had fag ends end up in my lap, chucked out by drivers not paying attention, or maybe on purpose.
were you towing the caravan at the time. that could be the problem . Yes i know you said on the motorbike,

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I wonder if anyone has ever sat a driving test, lit up a cigarette while driving and smoked throughout it? Do you think the examiner would pass or fail the candidate? (Ignoring any health objection by the examiner)

GC

Levo-Lon

Guru
I remember on single decker busses where you could smoke in the back half like it made all the difference.

I used to share the car with mum and dad both smoking..maybe partly to do with me starting at 7, then full time at 11with 10 no6 a day..I stopped and started for yrs ,horrible foooooking habit ..im never sure what might get me to grab a fag..its a weakness at times of great stress for me..but its better than drinking myself into a stuper..
Everyone of my friends I knew as a kid smoked ,lots still do and some are dead..

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I used to share the car with mum and dad both smoking..maybe partly to do with me starting at 7, then full time at 11with 10 no6 a day..I stopped and started for yrs ,horrible foooooking habit ..im never sure what might get me to grab a fag..its a weakness at times of great stress for me..but its better than drinking myself into a stuper..
Everyone of my friends I knew as a kid smoked ,lots still do and some are dead..
Same here. My folks all smoked and I was trying it from an early age with fags I'd pinch. What I like now is that attitudes have at least started to change and that it's no longer just normal to smoke. I'm for the smoking bans in pubs etc..and anything that helps to make it a less normal thing for people to do.

andyfraser

Über Member
Same here. My folks all smoked and I was trying it from an early age with fags I'd pinch. What I like now is that attitudes have at least started to change and that it's no longer just normal to smoke. I'm for the smoking bans in pubs etc..and anything that helps to make it a less normal thing for people to do.
I'm for the ban in pubs now but when it came in I was still smoking. I could smoke in my flat so I saved some money and bought my booze from the supermarket and had friends round. To this day I rarely go in pubs even though I stopped smoking 2 years ago.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I'm for the ban in pubs now but when it came in I was still smoking. I could smoke in my flat so I saved some money and bought my booze from the supermarket and had friends round. To this day I rarely go in pubs even though I stopped smoking 2 years ago.
I go to the pub now and again and smoke a lot less than I would have done before which is good. I don't wake up hacking because I've smoked loads.

Top Bottom