Smooth Radio

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Caroline have a few ads, on the hour and at half past, but normally no more than 2 in A row, which I find tolerable. And one ad is for a cat rescue place featuring a purring cat which I don’t mind at all! The complete lack of news bulletins has been very welcome, particularly this year.

The last time I had British commercial radio inflicted on me, the ads seemed to go on forever. This was in my dentists waiting room and I had to go outside and fettle the bike to escape.

DRM

Guru
Caroline have a few ads, on the hour and at half past, but normally no more than 2 in A row, which I find tolerable. And one ad is for a cat rescue place featuring a purring cat which I don’t mind at all! The complete lack of news bulletins has been very welcome, particularly this year.

The last time I had British commercial radio inflicted on me, the ads seemed to go on forever. This was in my dentists waiting room and I had to go outside and fettle the bike to escape.
i enjoy listening to Caroline via the T'interweb, I just wish they had a transmitter up here!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
As much as i don't like commercial radio stations, for music recently I have got fed up with most of the progs. on BBC R2, except the Blues show and Bruce Springsteen, from his home to mine. Now I tend to listen to Absolute Radio Classic rock, I can just about mentally block out the adverts, and late at night there are very few.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
i enjoy listening to Caroline via the T'interweb, I just wish they had a transmitter up here!

Once a month. they use the high power Manx Radio transmitter from the Isle of Man on 1368khz for their 'Caroline North' weekend broadcasts. You should be able to pick that up there, certainly after dark. The programmes normally come from the ship too (when the COVID restrictions permit).
I can get Manx/ Caroline North here at night- it's a terrific, 'clean' signal.- they must use a lot of bandwidth or something as the sound is almost FM quality- just like the old Caroline days from Int. waters.

DRM

Guru
Once a month. they use the high power Manx Radio transmitter from the Isle of Man on 1368khz for their 'Caroline North' weekend broadcasts. You should be able to pick that up there, certainly after dark. The programmes normally come from the ship too (when the COVID restrictions permit).
I can get Manx/ Caroline North here at night- it's a terrific, 'clean' signal.- they must use a lot of bandwidth or something as the sound is almost FM quality- just like the old Caroline days from Int. waters.
I’ll have to see when it’s next on and have a listen

Top Bottom