smug around smokers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Because basically, i've now stopped smoking completely, rather than just most of the time when not in a social situation :biggrin:
i have always classed myself as a non-smoker as I haven't smoked regularly myself for ages, but, problem being, i've always had the niggling doubt that the few I've been offered and until now, accepted, at our little card schools we have, if anything have a negative effect on my lung capacity and that overall i'd be better off without them, even though i did really enjoy them. Been meaning to give it up for quite a few weeks now, but kept telling myself the fact that I don't smoke most of the time is good enough etc, but only this week have actually bothered to not cave in and have a drag :biggrin:
Commuting time isn't much different, but have noticed going up hills feels less knackering.
and like I say, i do feel smug when i pass people smoking outside the main office

anyhow not really much point to this thread other than that, just wanted to relay how good it feels to bin an addiction..... cyclechat next. hmm, not sure that's ever going to happen. :sad::biggrin:

and i won a game last night and now am a fiver up and have a gold bracelet for my efforts:biggrin: get in

I'll support your not smoking ever again campaign bonj - although you have the 'talent' to make others fume at times...

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Well done Sir :biggrin:

Even the odd few will fuel the addiction and they really aren't good for you, not even in small doses as you know.

I must admit to feeling a little smug around smokers too, as well as a little pity.

I've been smoke free for 17months now, next target to go "pie free" :sad: :biggrin:

Stick with it :biggrin:

frog

Well Done! God, I never thought I'd ever be saying that to bonj :biggrin:

On the other hand:

even though i did really enjoy them.

Bollocks! That's called drug addiction, not enjoyment.

Ah! Nice to see the moment didn't last all that long, I do like a bit of normality :biggrin:

Pete

Hats off to bonj! (he's not all bad is he?) YOU CAN KEEP TO IT IF YOU REALLY TRY! Next time someone proffers a fag packet to you, give 'em stick. Tell 'em "keep yer filthy weed to yerself ta very much!" or something like that. You have the right to say that, I don't.

Tetedelacourse

Good for you Bonj.

I have concerns about you wearing a gold bracelet however. Unless you wear it round your head like Monkey, and it tightens whenever you are naughty.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
You only got a fiver for winning your card game???

What are you playing, snap? :biggrin:;)

Well done about the smoking. Never got started on that pointless exercise so I've always been smug around (when I have to be) smokers. :biggrin:

barq

Well done bonj. I gave up about four years ago and I'll admit to having been rather smug around smokers for a while. As my brother said to me back then "there's none so pious as an ex-smoker".

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well done bonj.

I'm now smoke-free for 2 years and generally feel the benefit.
I absolutely loved smoking until it nearly killed me. I'm not pious or smug around smokers, why should I be?
One day when I'm old and grey and nearly dribbling I'm gonna start again and once more enjoy the company of my little white friends.

Keep it up bonj, but loose the smugness.

Top Bottom