Snack inflation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Scrolling through Instagram, as one does. Quite peckish, having yet to have lunch.
Ooh, I could order a sandwich delivery
1613574676327.png

These are sandwiches!
When those threads come up - you know - I’m going to drop five grand on a new bike, what do people think etc - I do just think “ your money”. But £25 for a snack. Really?
Feel free to tell me its market forces etc, but isnt this just a little too much now?

Edit: anyone eaten one of these doorstops? Was it tasty?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
And i thought Cheddar Cheese and Pickle Sandwiches using Tiger Bread was exotic...

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I expect there are some people who'd order a few for a Friday treat; the same people who'd think nothing of spending £250 on a bottle of something with dinner. I remember years ago my mate somehow got into an exclusive nightclub which was packed with celebs and prince Harry was also there. Vodka was £14/shot.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I thought my local posh sandwich shop was a bit of an indulgence, theirs are about the £6-8 mark and bloody fabulous to have, once in a while. Named after famous films....
My favourite is the "Raging Bull".

http://chillibs.co.uk/menu/

Drago

Legendary Member
Jeez. For those prices I'd want Nigella to come round my house and make it in my kitchen while nekked (while she's nekked, not me, but if she wanted me to be nekked too I'd be happy to do so if it makes her feel comfortable.)

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Jeez. For those prices I'd want Nigella to come round my house and make it in my kitchen while nekked (while she's nekked, not me, but if she wanted me to be nekked too I'd be happy to do so if it makes her feel comfortable.)
Im not sure she'd be comfortable. She'd be bending over a lot trying to snort those lines across your kitchen surfaces... Bad for the back...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There was a thread on CycleChat a few years ago where members discussed how much to spend on a 'special meal' for two. IIRC there were quite a lot of people who suggested that hundreds of pounds would be fine.

I don't drink alcohol any more but ten years back I was starting to get annoyed that I could no longer buy 3 pints for £10 at my local.

I could be as rich as Bill Gates and I still would not pay hundreds of pounds for a meal, or £25+ for a posh sarnie! (Or £10k+ for a bicycle.)

PK99

Legendary Member
Scrolling through Instagram, as one does. Quite peckish, having yet to have lunch.
Ooh, I could order a sandwich delivery
View attachment 574367
These are sandwiches!
When those threads come up - you know - I’m going to drop five grand on a new bike, what do people think etc - I do just think “ your money”. But £25 for a snack. Really?
Feel free to tell me its market forces etc, but isnt this just a little too much now?

Edit: anyone eaten one of these doorstops? Was it tasty?

$114,000

1613582268479.png

Top Bottom