Snakes thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Hey,

I've bought a baby ball python. It's a fire morph. Do we have any other snake keepers on c.c?

Attachments

• IMG_3010.JPG
    IMG_3010.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3011.JPG
    IMG_3011.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3017.JPG
    IMG_3017.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 29

Levo-Lon

Guru
I think @Fnaar has a trouser snake?

gbb

Legendary Member
My son had a green snake, oriental version of our grass snake I think so no big deal, relatively small in size.
Now, some funny recollections....Alan who used to live opposite had a Burmese Python, probably 6ft when he got it, he fabricated a floor to ceiling cage in one corner of his living room for it...it was great, the snake had a large branch he put in there to climb on, plenty of room etc etc.
Feeding time....he used to say, it doesn't matter how hard you try to prepare for it....it startled him every time he offered a dead rat to it...the snake would taste the air with its tongue, wait...then BOOOM, it'd strike and frighten the clappers out of him :laugh:.

Once he came running in my house....Col, i need a saw :ohmy: to get the floorboards up '
I thought he'd got a water leak in that instant, it turned out the lighting ceiling rose was inside the cage area and snake had climbed the branch, somehow got wrapped round the cable, pulled it all down....and disappeared into the void between the two floors. Took him an afternoon to get it out. :laugh:

During the summer months he used to put it out on his front lawn and let it get some sun. There's a large public path between us. He's in his garden, I'm talking to him from mine as a guy on a bike come up the path..,,he spots the now 14ft snake on the lawn....:ohmy::ohmy:, nearly closed control of his bike and wobbles off into the distance :laugh:. He obviously didn't expect that out on his way to the shops.

Often his daughter would come round...'Colin....can you give us a hand, the snakes got out again....and off I'd go trying to wrestle 14ft and probably 20 kilos of snake Into its cage :tongue:

Last edited:

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
My son had a green snake, oriental version of our grass snake I think so no big deal, relatively small in size.
Now, some funny recollections....Alan who used to live opposite had a Burmese Python, probably 6ft when he got it, he fabricated a floor to ceiling cage in one corner of his living room for it...it was great, snake had a large branch he put in there to climb on, plenty of room etc etc.
Feeding time....he used to say, it doesn't matter how hard you try to prepare for it....it startled him every time he offered a dead rat to it...the snake would taste the air with its tongue, wait...the BOOOM, it'd strike and frighten the clappers out of him :laugh:.

Once he came running in my house....Col, i need a saw :ohmy: to get the floorboards up '
I thought he'd got a water leak in that instant, it turned out the lighting ceiling rose was inside the cage area and snake had climbed the branch, somehow got wrapped round the cable, pulled it all down....and disappeared into the void between the two floors. Took him an afternoon to get it out. :laugh:

During the summer months he used to put it out on his front lawn and let it get some sun. There's a large public path between us. He's in his garden, I'm talking to him from mine as a guy on a bike come up the path..,,he spot the now 14ft snake on the lawn....:ohmy::ohmy:, nearly closed control of his bike and wobbles off into the distance :laugh:. He obviously didn't expect that out on his way to the shops.

Often his daughter would come round...'Colin....can you give us a hand, the snakes got out again....and off I'd go trying to wrestle 14ft and probably 20 kilos of snake Into its cage :tongue:
Not many people would be good enough to help their neighbour recapture a python! :laugh:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
In the past I've had a brown house snake, eastern grass snake, horned night adder and for a very short time a cobra. It was a lovely animal, but buying the antivenom was a logistical nightmare. I also had Bell's hinged tortoises and leopard tortoises. I'm now down to a spur thighed tortoise. A surprisingly engaging reptile. Chickens are my thing really.

Once I've finished refurbishing my house, I quite like the idea of some bearded dragons. Well, the kids do.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Now, some funny recollections....Alan who used to live opposite had a Burmese Python, probably 6ft when he got it, he fabricated a floor to ceiling cage in one corner of his living room for it...it was great, the snake had a large branch he put in there to climb on, plenty of room etc etc.
Feeding time....he used to say, it doesn't matter how hard you try to prepare for it....it startled him every time he offered a dead rat to it...the snake would taste the air with its tongue, wait...then BOOOM, it'd strike and frighten the clappers out of him :laugh:.

During the summer months he used to put it out on his front lawn and let it get some sun. There's a large public path between us. He's in his garden, I'm talking to him from mine as a guy on a bike come up the path..,,he spots the now 14ft snake on the lawn....:ohmy::ohmy:, nearly closed control of his bike and wobbles off into the distance :laugh:. He obviously didn't expect that out on his way to the shops.

LOL I wouldn't own a Burmese or recticulated. Too big. My baby ball makes you jump enough striking dinner. Almost bought a hognose but I'm deffo a royal python man.

Top Bottom