Snapping hip syndrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I know I’ve got it, going to see a physio tomorrow. Just wondering who’s had it and how you got rid of it?

AndyRM

XOXO
Stretch and gentle exercise to build the muscles around the area. Swimming and walking were recommended to my mum when she suffered the same.

vickster

Legendary Member
I am doing too much I reckon. It might be arthritis.

What are the symptoms? Bursitis is common around hip if overdoing things and you have weakness or tightness around hip, glutes, lower back.

I have very tight QL Muscles at present which is manifesting as pain over front of hip. Treatment is very painful manual therapy from physio! QLs are pesky buggers.

Hip arthritis often manifests with groin pain. Get GP (or possibly physio depending on where seeing to refer for X-ray)

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
What are the symptoms? Bursitis is common around hip if overdoing things and you have weakness or tightness around hip, glutes, lower back.

I have very tight QL Muscles at present which is manifesting as pain over front of hip. Treatment is very painful manual therapy from physio! QLs are pesky buggers.

Hip arthritis often manifests with groin pain. Get GP (or possibly physio depending on where seeing to refer for X-ray)

Seeing Physio today who used to work with top flight football clubs. Burstis will mean stretching and less training load but better than arthritis. As the groin pain gets worse after a higher load it could be burstis or tendinitis. The physio may get to it quickly. He should know if I need an x Ray.

vickster

Legendary Member
Seeing Physio today who used to work with top flight football clubs. Burstis will mean stretching and less training load but better than arthritis. As the groin pain gets worse after a higher load it could be burstis or tendinitis. The physio may get to it quickly. He should know if I need an x Ray.

Indeed, arthritis gets worse with time not better

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My hip snaps when walking up inclines. A click with each step.

If i developed it now (or indeed any unusual new symptom) i'd ask my gp for advice.

But ive had it all my life without any complications or pain, i believe its just the way ligaments move over my bones.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
The pyramidalis–anterior pubic ligament–adductor longus complex (PLAC) this is causing bone edema on the pubis bone.

Treatment will be more Zone 2 cycling and core work with plenty of stretching. The groin area can be massaged every few weeks. I don’t want to do the extra work but it’s either that or pack it all in altogether.

Top Bottom