Sniping Ebay.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by hackbike 666, 6 Apr 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Hang on I will get back on it.

[​IMG]

This.:biggrin::wacko::blush:

2. thomas

thomas the tank engine

If no one did it on a motorbike I'm looking at it would probably have saved people about £200 at the moment.

3. Mark_Robson

Mark_Robson Senior Member

And here's me thinking it was going to be a bike :blush:

4. OP
    OP
    hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

I had to put my max in at that time...the bids were getting silly.Happy with it I think...any more and I would have been losing.Saved a few bob.Well £65 if I had bought it off of the website.I think.

Alas dear Yorath I have also bought a Charge Plug 10 today.Thats the end of my treats for the next year.B)

5. OP
    OP
    hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Bought today an I realised my phone date is wrong.Damn.

6. CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops

Oooh, that's rather pretty.

7. OP
    OP
    hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Had to wait to see how much money I had after my holiday....been watching it for three months.:blush:

Always worth saving up and stopping the booze.

8. brockers

brockers Senior Member

I'm sort of starting to regret posting that now (don't type when drunk etc..), but the fundamental fact is you don't know how things would have panned out, had you sniped - or not. I've put max bids in on what I've thought are popular items (don't forget that your max doesn't show until someone puts in a higher max), half expecting to lose the item, but then have been surprised when nobody else has bid, and have picked up some ludicrous bargains. Maybe I've been lucky, but I tend to look on eBay as an occasional thrill than a serious way to buy stuff. Although, I must admit that there's no apparent disadvantage to sniping - I've just been too lazy to try it.

9. OP
    OP
    hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

That happened to me...I could see it going tits up last night with forty minutes to go but when I threw my hat in the ring so to speak nobody else bidded.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice