Sniping Ebay.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mille

guitarpete247 said:
My dad has always put his max bid as soon as he has seen something he wants to buy and has always lost out:laugh:.

That sounds like my partners Dad

[jaunty farmers voice] "Just like 'em to know oos in the room[/jaunty farmers voice]

Ps. He's not a farmer, just seems like it sometimes :biggrin:

Mark_Robson

The only person who will benefit by bidding early is the seller. Sniping is like a closed bid auction and really can save you some serious money.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

30-Day Summary Total bids:
s.gif
12 Items bid on:
s.gif
3 Bid activity (%) with this seller:
s.gif
50%
s.gif
btnHelp.gif
Bid retractions:
s.gif
2 Bid retractions (6 months):
s.gif

One of the bidders...I checked...7 bid retractions in 6 months.
I have bidded my max now with about 40 mins to go.My max is £501 and it was up to £400.I can't see me winning it...I really dont know now.

I thought I would show my cards and smoke out the suckers.

Attachments

• s.gif
    s.gif
    49 bytes · Views: 8
  • s.gif
    s.gif
    49 bytes · Views: 11
  • s.gif
    s.gif
    49 bytes · Views: 10
  • s.gif
    s.gif
    49 bytes · Views: 12
  • s.gif
    s.gif
    49 bytes · Views: 13

dodgy

I don't get auction sniping, eBay bids on your behalf according to your maximum bid. I decide what I'm prepared to bid when I first see an item and enter it, most of the time I get it for much less than the maximum bid.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
www.bidnapper.com

Been using it for years, and it's never let me down yet.

Why snipe? Because there are some silly people around who don't understand the principle of Bid the maximum it's worth to you then forget about it until notified of the result. Some bid a bit at a time, so if you bid early they will outbid you. Others get so obsessed with 'winning' that they end up bidding some silly amount just to 'win'.

With a snipe, you are immune to both forms of idiot. Since I take the view that life is too short to sit hovering on an auction site to snipe manually, I pay 25p (for successful snipes only) to have a computer do it for me.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Well im winning but it's like Liverpool,just because you are winning during the match doesn't mean you have won it.

I don't expect to win it now as the price is too high and too near my max...unless I go another 100.Plus they have a site which has this machine for sale anyway...I just have to pay for transport.I won't save a lot if anything.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
dodgy said:
I don't get auction sniping, eBay bids on your behalf according to your maximum bid. I decide what I'm prepared to bid when I first see an item and enter it, most of the time I get it for much less than the maximum bid.

If you are a seller with an alternative e bay user name which you have had for a while with history on it, if some one bids early then you can use the alternative id to bump up the price to what you think their max bid is.

It is not in the spirit of e bay however it is done and I have done so myself. Hence why some have a high amount of bid retractions who are too greedy.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
4F said:
It is not in the spirit of e bay however it is done and I have done so myself.
It is more than just against the 'spirit' of ebay, it is (a) expressly forbidden by ebay's terms & conditions and (:biggrin: fraud.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

5 mins to go and im still winning.I bet I blow it six minutes into injury time.:biggrin:

I reckon there are some itchy trigger fingers out there.

2 mins to go.Apparently.

4F

Ben Lovejoy said:
It is more than just against the 'spirit' of ebay, it is (a) expressly forbidden by ebay's terms & conditions and (:biggrin: fraud.

You are not wrong, it goes on though.

4F

that link says the item has been removed because it is more than 90 days old ?

Top Bottom