Snow Roads 300k Audax 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eck

Über Member
Right folks, more than six months to go, and we got our 43rd entry today!
shocked.gif

There's a lot more interest from local clubs this year, and I've increased the maximum field to 80. I know it's a long way off but I wouldn't like any audax regulars to miss out so get you entries in before this year's entertainment is shown on the telly.
smiley.gif

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/13-68/

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
When's it on the telly ? :unsure:

Will it cost more to be mixing with TV stars/ slebrites ? ^_^

fimm

Veteran
Oooh, thank you for the heads up.. if my boyfriend is allowed to have already entered his big event for next year, so am I :smile:

Noodley

Now only 15 places available for the 2013 edition

2012 edition is being shown on BBC2 Scotland at 7pm Sunday 18.11.12

Noodley

Plenty recovery time then...a whole month between them!
I have a 400km planned for 2 weeks before the Snow Roads and expect to be fully recovered by then...and a 600km 2 weeks after it...and I'm an unfit bloater!

Come on, you know it makes sense!

Nebulous

Guru
Woo hoo - I've entered. That's amazing for me. I don't even know where I'll be cycling this Saturday, never mind the 25th of May. I made a half-hearted enquiry very late this year, but I'm definitely on for next year. I'm seriously considering LEL, so this will be part of my build-up.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Too tough for me as it would be my first attempt at a 300.

Noodley

You'd be fine banj, you know how unfit I am and I have ridden it a few times. I have only had hypothermia the once :laugh: during a June attempt. I am no where near fit enough to ride it just now, but I'll be fine by May. As will you!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It was my first 300 :bicycle: as well, a couple of years ago.
  • I was fortunate to have a 'domestique' to assist me round - until something happened to him :whistle:
  • he kindly passed me on to another domestique, and something happened to him a few kms down the road too ... :ohmy:
Realising there was a trend here :sad: , I had to finish on my own - but finish I did. :wahhey:

It is a fabulous ride, with a few lumpy bits - and, as long as you know there are only 'a few' ;) - you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Noodles has done it so many times, he doesn't need a Route sheet (but, if you start riding with him ... make sure you have one :whistle:)

Philip Whiteman

Über Member

You'll have plenty of chances more locally to 'train' for the Snow Roads at the end of May. In April there are the (i) Heart of England 300 will be in your territory and comparative with the Snow Roads for difficulty, The Elenith.

fimm

Veteran
I'm in. Not 100% sure I will do it because it is a month after the London Marathon... but if my foot doesn't get better I will be deferring the marathon place and I really want to do the Snow Roads sometime.

OP
OP
eck

eck

Über Member
Right, ditherers. With 80 entries as of today, the event is now technically full. On the assumption that there will be some withdrawals before next May, I will take a few more entries. But if you want to enter, enter now.

Top Bottom