Snow Roads 300k Audax 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
... With 80 entries as of today, the event is now technically full. ...
Phew
<skin of my teeth>...

Terry Kay

lol, only reading the thread after watching the documentary.. Though I'm booked in a hotel near Lochness the weekend after for a stroll up Ben Nevis, so I guess it's a good thing :smile:

fimm

Veteran
Right, OK, I have questions...
1) I seem to recall reading something about the possibility of sleeping on a hall floor somewhere for this - is this so, if so is it possible to sleep there on the Saturday night as well as the Friday night? And how would one go about ensuring that one could make use of this option?
2) if my memory is totally erroneous, what sort of accommodation is there in the area? I don't suppose many people come a long way for a 6am start...

OP
OP
eck

eck

Über Member
Hi fimm,
1) Yes, for both nights. There will be an additional charge for this, as the cost of the hall overnight is by far our biggest expense. I'm planning to do the same as previous years: hall open about 7pm on Friday, pasta supper served from about 8pm; Saturday breakfast; soup, bridies, beer post-ride (included in the event fee); Sunday breakfast - probably about £10 - £12 for the whole package. I'll need to have another look at the hall to get an idea of its maximum sleeping capacity: we've had up to about 25 in previous years but a much bigger (>130) field this time. It will be first-come, first-served.*BUT SEE BELOW*
2) There are a few B&Bs and a hostel/bunkhouse in the area, and a decent campsite about 5km from the start.

*THIS IS BELOW": It's over three months until the event. I'll be doing a "newsletter" to everyone who has entered, at least six weeks beforehand, outlining everything that I can think of. By all means, ask about things now that are giving you sleepless nights but PLEASE let's avoid a YACF-esque trail of questions about air beds, wasps or muirburn. Plenty of time for that.
ETA: So, I won't be taking any bookings for the Kirriemuir Hilton dossing facility until I send the newsletter out. HTH

fimm

Veteran
eck,
Thank you very much, that is extremely helpful. We were doing some forward planning looking at the next few months, hence my asking questions now! I'll await the newsletter for more details. (I do have the gear to doss on a hall floor in comfort... )

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
eck,
Thank you very much, that is extremely helpful. We were doing some forward planning looking at the next few months, hence my asking questions now! I'll await the newsletter for more details. (I do have the gear to doss on a hall floor in comfort... )
Not in the same room as a certain elder statesman of Audax Ecosse, you don't ... :surrender:

:rofl:

Top Bottom