Snow, wind or cold?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
What was the worst one for you today?

The wind for me, on the way out, some of the route back and blowing the cold and snow in my ears!!!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Hail/snow with a strong wind and a cold face is the worst. :thumbsup:

derall

Guru
None of them. I looked out the window and thought, "Horizontal Sleet. I'm not going out in that." I'm sitting in a warm room, hot cup of tea. No problems.

stevenb

Too windy and cold and snowy. I got my ride in yesterday and todau will be a turbo training day....later this PM that is.
Tomorrow I might get out or Monday for sure!

buddha

Veteran
The wind for me.
Yesterday I was blown a few inches from the path of an oncoming car on a fast A road, as I am less aerodynamic than most. So today I'm taking the cycle path for that bit - despite the walkers and MTB's.
We've only had 20 seconds of snow down south:sad:

andygates

Spare a thought for Ravenbait. She's racing a triathlon in a blizzard. If she doesn't die of exposure from getting on her bike in a wet swimmie, she'll be eaten be the Wendigo. :thumbsup:

andygates said:
Spare a thought for Ravenbait. She's racing a triathlon in a blizzard. If she doesn't die of exposure from getting on her bike in a wet swimmie, she'll be eaten be the Wendigo. :thumbsup:

Is it the one where she swims the length of Loch Ness?

gbb

Legendary Member
We had it al in Peterborough this morning...
Woke up to fairly heavy snow that was quicky setting.
That changed to rain after about 2 hours.
When i went out in the car it was ony showing 2 degrees.
Then we had sleet and hail in Corby.
Sunny as buggery on the way home shortly after lunch.
Oh...and its been windy all morning :thumbsup:

the wind for me and my son. it was a nice sunny day spoiled only by the wind.we planned a 50 mile ride to settle and back but after getting out of the saddle and grinding 64 fixed downhill just to keep going on the way out we cut short to a 40 mile ride by a more sheltered route. excellent tailwind for 20 miles on the way home though.
just a sprinkling of snow on penygent but otherwise dry.

stevenb

It just keeps on starting and stopping here....but the wind is very persistant...:thumbsup:.
Mind you...the winds are supposed to ease down for tomorrow so fingers crossed even if it does snow a bit I'll get out there again.

Today was windy, rainy, sleety, sunny, breezy buffeting. Cold, clear cool and calm. Slog slog and slog some more...
66km of "sheer pleasure" in and around the Royal Estate of Windsor :thumbsup: adding some extra kms to gezza's legs in preparation for L'Etape! (:biggrin::thumbsup::sad::o)

to all of you that couldnt go out cos it was too windy,sllet,snow,hail etc

YOU BUNCH OF WUSSES !!!!!:thumbsup:

I woke at 6am saw the blizzard type conditions and thought no way !!!!,but after a second i thought ,i can look back at this day when i climb the Tourmalet and think it was worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!

now for a tandoori mixed grill and some fosters:tongue:

Southern Softies, Pah

Top Bottom