Snow, wind or cold?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went out after lunch when it seemed cold and windy but otherwise pretty clear, but after about 15 miles I got caught in hail and then snow. The hail was being blown in horizontally from the north and was like being sand blasted. I got pretty soaked and very cold. I couldn't feel my toes for the last hour.

Plax

Guru
The hail I'd say, especially combined with the wind. We just decided to do a quick walk from Nant Peris to Pen Y Pass along the road. Going up was okay (the wind was behind us), but coming down it started alternating from hail to sleet, and the hail doesn't half sting when it hits you in the face. Luckily for me my fella is really tall and fat, so I used him as a wind sheild :thumbsup:.

There was some crazy young lad on a Felt roadie though, just going up and down the Llanberis pass. He past us 3 times. Very exciting thing to do on a Saturday afternoon I'm sure. Having said that, it is one of the thing I plan to do - cycle up the Llanberis Pass and bomb it back down. See if I can break my 38mph max speed, should do it with ease - I'll just pick a day when it isn't really windy and hailing!

Noodley

I was worried for those riding the Easter Arrow to York - I have phoned my mate's wife and he made it, but it sounds like "not much fun" was had. :thumbsup:
Well done to everyone who made an attempt.

I'm glad I could not make it :sad:

Plax said:
it is one of the thing I plan to do - cycle up the Llanberis Pass and bomb it back down. See if I can break my 38mph max speed, should do it with ease - I'll just pick a day when it isn't really windy and hailing!

It's not quite as easy as you think, because once you get well over 30 mph on the Llanberis loop, you notice that it's a tad bendy and there are lots of walls and oncoming cars. For a max speed run, try it from the top at Llyn Celyn - it's a lot safer.

Plax

Guru
Patrick Stevens said:
It's not quite as easy as you think, because once you get well over 30 mph on the Llanberis loop, you notice that it's a tad bendy and there are lots of walls and oncoming cars. For a max speed run, try it from the top at Llyn Celyn - it's a lot safer.

Never been to Llyn Celyn, one to add to the list. Maybe I'll start off slow going down the Llanberis Pass then, I don't want any injuries! :becool:

Renard

Down here it has been generally bright but very cold and windy. I kind of wish I went mountainbiking the last couple of days as it was very cold and windy (and today there was the odd sleety shower, dry sleet though). The reason I say that is that there is usually some shelter amongst the trees.

Top Bottom