Snow's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
About 8 flakes fell on my house at around 9 this morning. :snowball:

on the road

Über Member
From a facebook friend:
This is my poem about snow:
Snow in November - ooh​
Snow in December - aah​
Snow in January - mmmm​
Snow in February - meh​
Snow in March - f*** OFF!!!​
Snow in April - FFS!

This cold weather is predicted to last into mid April :cry:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I wrote up my undergraduate dissertation during the Easter holidays and there was a thick blanket of snow then. Cold weather at this time of year isn't unusual, though the severity is alarming.

I think people need to look a little deeper into this, the sun is a variable star with an 11 year cycle, within this there are longer cycles, and from what I read we may be in one of those longer cycles which is why the winters of recent years have produced more snow that we have become accustomed to in the U.K.
In the 17th century there was period Known as the maunder minimum, "the Maunder Minimum coincided with a period of lower-than-average European temperatures" I read an article in the 90's in which it stated that a similar cycle could happen this century.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Still a lot of snow lying on the ground and the back roads i ride are still down to single lane in places where they have used a plough to clear the road, cycling along with 5 foot drifts either side is interesting especially very early on as any melt water has frozen again .Luckily its light enough now at 6 am to see them and take avoiding action.

getinthevan

i hit a patch of solid ice the other day, and couldn't get my feet out of my toe clips in time.
i slid on my back still attached to my bike for about 10 meters.
lucky i didn't hurt myself at all, and nobody was around to point and laugh.
lesson learned though.

Top Bottom