Snow's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Started here in Leicester, I got 25 miles in this morning to work, but am expecting to only get in 5 on the way home.

7onagrifter

Get through todays frontal system of rain sleet n snow, plus the trailing cold front of rain tonight/weds am, then we'll all see increasing temps (still avg. to slightly above) but ideally much drier conditions well into next week at the earliest! The more south and east in the UK you find yourself the more drier and potentially sunnier you'll be as the Azores high will ridge into NW europe to bring us much more settled conditions.
Toward the end of Feb tho and early march shows a likely cold period returning due to blocking weather scenarios and patterns predicted in various models?
Time to dust of the frame tho for the fairer weather spinners amongst us ;)

Get In The Van

Snow up here in the Central Belt of Scotland, although is now changing to rain! :thumbsup:
Still an unbelievably cold wind though! Turbo for me today......................................again!

snow has just changed to rain here.
considering my options for college this evening. wondering if the snow will be gone enough in 2 hrs for me to get there without re-fitting the marathon winters to the mtb... Postie said that the roads were slush, not clear when he came through an hour ago.
Still if it rains hard enough between now and 5pm it will melt enough of the snow that once I am out of my lane, I should be fine on the mtb as it is... 10km on road or 16km off road (each way) becomes the decision or do I just bale on the evening class?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Can't get out coz of snow more of time than southerner's

Brommyboy

Über Member
Beautiful dry snow today. Managed to get our group ride in today. Very chilly but otherwise grand. Using shorter route so hame soon after 3 pm, having covered over 40 miles, on dry roads.

paul04

Über Member
It was snowing quite heavy here in manchester this morning, but it has now turned to rain, watching the weather on the tv before they did say it is going to get warmer by the weekend and no rain:smile:

Top Bottom