Snow's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
2" snow / -4c and alternating blue sky and falling snow.

Giving the world a miss today!

Brilliant sunshine here in Cheshire as well this morning (but don't envy me; I can't get out in it today. I spent 2 days on a welsh mountain over the weekend having first hail and then snow thrown at me in what was apparently only 0C yesterday, but I can't last remember when I have needed some many layers to stay warm. somewhere in amongst that I managed to crash my mtb, smash my cycle helmet into 4 pieces and have yet to locate all of my bruises, the head, rib and thumb are the obvious ones, but I seem to have outside left hip, inside right knee + others that have arrived overnight and have less than 4 days to sort a cycle helmet out before going on holiday) Bright side of things it is sunny again and I enjoyed the mtb weekend enourmously. Worst thing is I am going to have to cycle into Chester to get a new helmet and not really be able to try it on due to the bruised forehead/side of head & swelling!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
No snow settled here overnight, but unless this wind drops I think I'll have fun staying upright on my own two feet, let alone on two wheels. Would rather cycle in snow than strong wind.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Brilliant sunshine here in Cheshire as well this morning (but don't envy me; I can't get out in it today. I spent 2 days on a welsh mountain over the weekend having first hail and then snow thrown at me in what was apparently only 0C yesterday, but I can't last remember when I have needed some many layers to stay warm. somewhere in amongst that I managed to crash my mtb, smash my cycle helmet into 4 pieces and have yet to locate all of my bruises, the head, rib and thumb are the obvious ones, but I seem to have outside left hip, inside right knee + others that have arrived overnight and have less than 4 days to sort a cycle helmet out before going on holiday) Bright side of things it is sunny again and I enjoyed the mtb weekend enourmously. Worst thing is I am going to have to cycle into Chester to get a new helmet and not really be able to try it on due to the bruised forehead/side of head & swelling!

Ouch! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Ouch! Here's to a speedy recovery!
thank you.:smile:
just found out I have a black eye as well!
IMG_5462_800.JPG IMG_5463_800.JPG IMG_5464_800.JPG IMG_5465_800.JPG

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Ooh, nasty.:ohmy: I hope you recover quickly.:thumbsup:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
2013-03-11 12.12.46.jpg
Snowed overnight here in Glossop, all the hills around very pretty and white. Intermittent snow showers through the morning although not amounting to much
Mega windy though, must be 40pmh on the tops. And to think I was considering a quick trundle up the Snake Pass today. That's the Snake in the background

Either way, nasty business.
think it is the car bumper scenario... the helmet looks worse than I actually think the fall was, but I could be slightly biased/concussed. it was a 3 ft jump I landed at speed, though that bit was OK, it was the stopping the bike after it that I failed at... :whistle: bl**** typical I should fail at the easy stuff. :wacko:
Have spoken with spech and they are having the helmet back in exchange for a reduction on a new one, so off out on my bike now (mtb given it is snowing again) to post old one to them - no idea if it will work out cheaper but saves me a 30 miles cycle ride to chester & back to get a new helmet when they will post one to me... no issues weither way because I can't wear one until the swelling & bruising has gone down, so may as well buy without trying (spech helmets are always comfortable for me so I'm OK with that)

Top Bottom