So Canyon now sells bikes in the US

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would like to hear from any US owners of Canyon bikes and experiences with customer service. I have read review after review from EU either being a 5 star or a 1 star.

The story goes like this.
Customer's who rated 5 stars received a problem free bike and life is good.

Customers dealing with Canyon's customer service for anything, rated 1 star.

I am looking at purchasing 2 bikes and would save around $600 but I am unsure if I want to take the gamble.

Please anyone chime in, especially US customers.

Thanks

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
UK based response..
I have the Inflite 8 CX. Love it!
No problems when I got mine a couple of years ago, but they seemed to become a victim of their own success, and let a lot of people down, so I believe. They moved to a new production facility to cope with demand and, basically, cocked it up. I think they've sorted the teething issues now though.
When I've used their UK customer services, they've been quite helpful, even updating their website with a fitting guide for the SKS mudguards designed specifically (so they say) for Inflite.

OP
OP
FailsafeOperator
Appreciate the input PeteXXX.

After comparing prices and a LOT of reading, I have decided to pull the trigger on an Endurace ALU 7.0 and an Endurace WMN ALU 7.0. It's a his and hers adventure. :smile:

*So this is my review of Canyon USA.*

After reading a lot of negative reviews about Canyon, I was more than apprehensive about shelling out money without laying hands on the bike. I tossed and turned comparing the Scott Speedrunner, Trek Domane, Specialized Allez, and Canyon's Endurace. At the end of the day, Canyon offered the most bike for the money and it fit all my perimeters. Plus it's the lightest out of the bunch. Well I have yet to find a weight for the Allez.

So I took the time to write down a bunch of questions and called Canyon USA a total of 4 times on 4 different days. Each time the representative took the time to answer each question at length. I advised them of my current worries with past customer service issues in the EU and they didn't sugar coat their answers. Each acknowledged the past issues but explained all shipments, returns, and warranty work are conducted in California. They all explained where the frames are produced, assembled, QC protocols and most importantly how Canyon USA is separate from it's EU big brother. I was also advised within the first 30 days if anything minor needed to be tuned, customer service would either walk me through the process or give me the video guides to tune it myself. If it's outside my scope of understanding, I was told I could take my bike to the LBS and Canyon would reimburse me or work with the LBS directly. I was also advised warranty work typically takes 3 days.

Happy with my conversations, I dropped the cash and received a call 20 minutes later confirming my order. At the end of the day I received an email stating both bikes had been shipped with tracking numbers to follow. In 7 days I will hopefully open a damage free box with a damage free bike, with flawless shifting. Keeping fingers crossed.

The Negatives -

The EU version of my bike comes with Ultegra for the same price, however it seems every endurance disk ALU bike at the $1500 price point, all come with 105 components. I chalk this up to the current market.

The lack of color availability. My wife really wanted the red bike but she had to settle for black. :sad:

I will keep everyone updated with any new information as it comes and will submit pictures whether it be good or bad.

Disclaimer: I am not a bike expert. If I have misspoke please go easy on me. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Doug.

Veteran
Appreciate the input PeteXXX.

After comparing prices and a LOT of reading, I have decided to pull the trigger on an Endurace ALU 7.0 and an Endurace WMN ALU 7.0. It's a his and hers adventure. :smile:

*So this is my review of Canyon USA.*

After reading a lot of negative reviews about Canyon, I was more than apprehensive about shelling out money without laying hands on the bike. I tossed and turned comparing the Scott Speedrunner, Trek Domane, Specialized Allez, and Canyon's Endurace. At the end of the day, Canyon offered the most bike for the money and it fit all my perimeters. Plus it's the lightest out of the bunch. Well I have yet to find a weight for the Allez.

So I took the time to write down a bunch of questions and called Canyon USA a total of 4 times on 4 different days. Each time the representative took the time to answer each question at length. I advised them of my current worries with past customer service issues in the EU and they didn't sugar coat their answers. Each acknowledged the past issues but explained all shipments, returns, and warranty work are conducted in California. They all explained where the frames are produced, assembled, QC protocols and most importantly how Canyon USA is separate from it's EU big brother. I was also advised within the first 30 days if anything minor needed to be tuned, customer service would either walk me through the process or give me the video guides to tune it myself. If it's outside my scope of understanding, I was told I could take my bike to the LBS and Canyon would reimburse me or work with the LBS directly. I was also advised warranty work typically takes 3 days.

Happy with my conversations, I dropped the cash and received a call 20 minutes later confirming my order. At the end of the day I received an email stating both bikes had been shipped with tracking numbers to follow. In 7 days I will hopefully open a damage free box with a damage free bike, with flawless shifting. Keeping fingers crossed.

The Negatives -

The EU version of my bike comes with Ultegra for the same price, however it seems every endurance disk ALU bike at the $1500 price point, all come with 105 components. I chalk this up to the current market.

The lack of color availability. My wife really wanted the red bike but she had to settle for black. :sad:

I will keep everyone updated with any new information as it comes and will submit pictures whether it be good or bad.

Disclaimer: I am not a bike expert. If I have misspoke please go easy on me. Thank you for your time.

Don't worry,
Canyon make good bikes, and have very good after sales service (if needed)
Hope the cycles will afford your wife and self much pleasure.
Regards.
Doug.

jay clock

Massive member
Very good read. Appreciate the link.
It would not stop me thinking about buying one but as I now have the hotmail address of the UK importer I would go via him!

OP
OP
FailsafeOperator
I received both bikes today as advertised. Both work flawless and I was surprised with the overall paint jobs.

While flipping the stem on my bike, I may have broke the plastic cap due to user error. Called Canyon and admitted my mistake. They sent me a replacement free of charge. All I had to pay for was shipping.

Setup was easy for a layman and I actually managed to setup a basic bike fit for both myself and the wife.
Can't wait for warmer days.

P.S. the website states this bike does not come with pedals however a pair of shoe clip pedals where included.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FailsafeOperator
Update.

I've had 2 caps sent to my house and unfortunately they have been the wrong size. Gave the techs as much information as possible including pictures.

Eventually I had to take the bike into the LBS, replacing the plug, added spacers and a new cap.

Canyon's customer service meant well and tried to be as helpful as possible, but they couldn't get it right.

For parts, I'll rely on the LBS. I can say the customer service did send me videos which helped me further understand a few things.

The LBS (Trek/Specialized) guys where very impressed with both bikes and couldn't really fault me for going the Canyon route.

My first true ride was great and this bike really wants to go. Everything felt more stable/stiff and worked as advertised. Hammered out 20 miles and managed to average a few more mph out of the gate.

All in all, this bike is so much better than my Trek 1.2

I would definitely recommend Canyon bikes to anyone with one recommendation. Educate yourself and know your bike. I would also recommend taking your bike to the LBS to give it a once over and swap out the small steerer tube plug for a larger, more robust plug. Your steerer tube will thank you.

jaggrin

Anybody else have an experience with Canyon USA? I am debating on the Endurance CF SLX disc 8.0 . The LBS that is my go to is 99% Specialized and I just an not a fan of the Roubaix. They are also a quasi Cervelo dealer but the R3 disc is $1,200 more than the Canyon and the wheels are meh. My only hesitancy is the whole buying online VS supporting LBS. In my head I hear it's my cash and I should spend it the way I want and I spend plenty of money outside of a bike at the LBS. Anyone else toss and turn over stuff like this? Canyon even has a slight upcharge to have the bike assembled and fit.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Anybody else have an experience with Canyon USA? I am debating on the Endurance CF SLX disc 8.0 . The LBS that is my go to is 99% Specialized and I just an not a fan of the Roubaix. They are also a quasi Cervelo dealer but the R3 disc is $1,200 more than the Canyon and the wheels are meh. My only hesitancy is the whole buying online VS supporting LBS. In my head I hear it's my cash and I should spend it the way I want and I spend plenty of money outside of a bike at the LBS. Anyone else toss and turn over stuff like this? Canyon even has a slight upcharge to have the bike assembled and fit.

Yes I do.

I just posted a similar thread to the OP without knowing this one was here (deleted it as it was more or less the same question).

Not meaning to derail the thread but I have similar worries over canyon Europe.

Been looking at the Endurace AL Disc 7.0 & 8.0 at decent prices but have picked up on a Trustpilot thread that has mixed reviews re after sales service.

What to do, what tod do....

Top Bottom