So come on what size bike do you have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
If we're talking road frames I've gone from a 22½" in ye olden dayes to a 54cm, as more seat post showing is trendier, but MTBs I've always been around 17" or so.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Big enough to fill 3 prams ;) , oooh sorry wrong thread 54 road frame

In the stable at the moment are a Sunday Silk Road - 56cm, an Old Peugeot teamANC - 22", Kona MTB - 18", Moulton which is "one size fits all". Others I've forgotten about over the years.

iandg

Legendary Member
I'm 6'2" and find a 62cm/24.5" to be optimum.

tried 25" once, but just couldn't take it, far too uncomfortable;)

Joe

Über Member
I'm 5ft9 and my road bike is a 56 (st is about 58c-t, toptube 55c-c) and it fits me pretty well. My commuter is a 54 (st 54c-t, tt 56c-c) and I feel a bit too stretched out on it. I think my legs are quite long in comparison to my torso.
Interesting!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm 5'6" (well 5 foot 5 and a half inches - I can call that 6 inches can't I) and I've got bikes :- 17" and 19". I still can't decide whether the 19" is too big .. but the 17" model definately felt too small. My inside leg is 32", and I can also ride hubby's (he is 6 foot) bike - it feels quite comfortable, I just can't touch the ground.

radger

Veteran
My frame's 48cm, I'm 5'7". I could ride my friend's 58cm version of the same frame, although I could only stop by falling off sideways - he's 6'4"
(I may be a short*rse, but my arms are proportioned similarly to those of a gibbon)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
My best fitting bike is my commuter hack. It's a 54, but it's got quite a long wheelbase, and the bars are pretty low down.

TT bike is a 54 compact, fits nice enough but rides harsh. Reckon I could get a better position with a smaller frame as it happens, yet to prove it to myself however.

Main road bike is 56.5 cm compact, I initially liked the extra reach over the 54 version but I now think it's too big.

The MTB hack (on long-term loan) is 17"

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I ride a small compact road frame which is either the equivalent of 49cm or 51cm depending on who you trust... My MTB is 15". (I am only 5'5")

Top Bottom