So how do I actually find a dealer who is happy to sell me a Bianchi bike???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bianchi1

Guru
I know several bike shops that stopped dealing with bianchi because of the constant run around dealing with them. There is every chance the whole of the bianchi workforce take august off because, well, its italy!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

All the dealers are saying th esame thing. Bianchi are on holiday for the summer, the 2009 bikes come out in september and the 2008 bikes are all sold out across the uk. 61cm frame is considered dirt by many dealers as it cleary gives away my freak status in this small mans world.
Basically Bianchi are resting on their laurels confident in the belief that they dont have to chase the business to stay afloat.

yenrod

Bigtallfatbloke said:
All the dealers are saying th esame thing. Bianchi are on holiday for the summer, the 2009 bikes come out in september and the 2008 bikes are all sold out across the uk. 61cm frame is considered dirt by many dealers as it cleary gives away my freak status in this small mans world.
Basically Bianchi are resting on their laurels confident in the belief that they dont have to chase the business to stay afloat.

The new type of frame BTFB have a smaller seat-tube but the same length top-tube.

So, technically, you wouldnt need such a big size ?

As for a custom:

Roberts Cycles,
89 Gloucester Road,
Croydon,
Surrey
CR0 2DN
England

Tel: +44 (0)20-8684 3370
Fax: +44 (0)20-8665 9763

http://www.robertscycles.com/contacts.html

Thats down yuor way aint it :?:

Joe

Über Member
Have you tried the 59cm? It might be worth it as the 61 is only 1cm longer so providing the drops not too severe it could fit you with the right stem. What's the top tube length on your Dawes? I'm imagine the Bianchi has a steeper seatube angle too, which effectively makes it longer.
Obviously you want a perfect fit but imo it's worth trying, as the more bikes you try the more you get to know exactly what you want.
Having said that it may be way too small, I have no idea of rough height-bike size at that end of the spectrum as I ride a 52cm!

PS: I feel your pain. I have an irrational desire for a Bianchi. Ordered one in to try but they screwed me around so much I ended up going somewhere else and getting a Scott instead. It's not as beautiful but it rides well and I'm really happy with it. I will have a Bianchi one day though :biggrin:

Van Nick

bianchi1 said:
I know several bike shops that stopped dealing with bianchi because of the constant run around dealing with them. There is every chance the whole of the bianchi workforce take august off because, well, its italy!

The Bianchi frames are nearly all manufactured in the far east anyway, as is the case with most cycle manufacturers now.

The illusion that they were all hand made in Italy was completely shattered when I discovered this and whilst I'm sure that they sell great products, my perception of the brand went right down.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

if I had £2350 I might be able to look at it but...£1400 is my absolute top whack for a bike, and even then it'll stop me touring again this year, so a good bike around £1000 (via nirone alu carb) is probably where I am at, plus a small tour on the CHEAP.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Gary yes I had seen that bike. I was tempted but everybody I speak to has told me I need a 61cm and that bike is a 58cm...I know that it's mostly the reach that is important rather than the seat tube height but buying on ebay when i am so unsure of the firt is a big risk for me.

That Barrachi looks nice but I cant see any prices anywhere..so I am guessing I can tafford anything.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I like the look of that Bianch 1885 but ...well it's not a C2C shape which is just SO much sexier I feel!

I had a chat with the German dealer who has a 61cm 928 veloce in stock in celeste...but he wont budge on price even though he is about £300 more expensive than the UK dealers listed it at and then there is shipping etc...so i told him I would wait and buy a better bike in september here.

Top Bottom