So how do I actually find a dealer who is happy to sell me a Bianchi bike???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

FFS...all i want to do is buy a new bike...usually these peeps are ramming new bikes down my throat every time I want to buy an inner tube!...but now...when I'm set to buy a brand new Bianch 928 C2C Cam veloce 10s...can I find a dealer who gives a shoot??...Nooo...

...so far of the 4 I have contacted three simply said that it was th wrong time of year to buy a Bianchi as the new ones were due out soon and th ecurrent year models were hard to get...and th eother told me that if I wasnt preparef to hand over the full asking price of £1375 I would not be allowed to even sit on on the dam thing let alone take a test ride!!

..I should have bought one in Germany where bike dealers know what they are about:angry::ohmy:

Seems to me that Bianchi are just sitting back and restricting supply to boost the price...so far I have to say that I am 100% NOT impressed by their dealers attitude. I may as well just buy the thing on line and give up on any dealer support, bike fit etc...un f****in believeable!

Where are you based. I know two good Bianchi dealers in Leeds/Bradford

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
They have your best interest at heart. They know you can't really afford one and that deep down you actually want to go off touring again.

I think we should celebrate this sensitivity and customer concern in a world where making a quick buck selling the unnecessary to the underfunded is the norm.

Bravo Bianchi!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

well apparently a 61cm frame is classed as a special order and not one of the dealers has them or is prepared to get them unless I give them the FULL asking price first with a committment to buy regardless of if it fits etc and even then we are talking 2 months...madness, how do these people make a living??
dealers so far include Evans Gatwick (&special orders), JD cycles benfleet, kent cycles, Abel Baker cycles bishops stortford ...maybe a Bianchi is a mistake after all...so where do other peeps buy Bianchis from?...i am in the south east...but I would travel if I felt the dealer was going to fit me properly first instead of just fit me up.

I can get a spesh roubaix through a good dealer but I dont like those bikes.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I got my Bianchi from Striking Bikes in Gloucester, it was a 61 cm, I didn't have to pay up front, just a deposit, and it wasn't a two month wait either as far as I can remember, although it was probably three years ago by now so can't remember just how long. If you are anywhere near try them.

I think your difficulty may in part stem from the fact you are buying a relatively high priced bike. Rather like someone wanting to buy a Ferrari or a Rolls-Royce. Not as straightforward as buying a bike that's available just about everywhere.

I can't recall even seeing a Bianchi in any bike shop I've ever been to - maybe I don't frequent the right bike shops!

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
BTFB, I don't know what size it is but it looks fairly big, but this dealer http://www.starbikes.net/ last time I was in, had a very tasty second hand one of those. Don't know the price, but if you are reasonably near Hull it may be worth making contact.

yenrod

Really feel for you there BTFB - of all the industries I know the cycling industry is the worst at supply.

A year back i wanted some NW Vertigos the shop never had them BUT where still advertised on the site so when they got them in they'd send them.

So, what I did was ring the suppliers of NW (jim walker - BTW :o) and ask them about it, when they're getting them etc..turned out they had them etc..but where in the process of sending them to the shops who needed them..so I said why not send them direc to me instead of the shop which did as far as i'm aware.

Though, you'd think I wouldnt have had to do the shitty job of the shop and just get informed of the situ...!!!

I work in the motor industry and i know that items can be got to our 'workplace' the same day (van delivered) OR nextday (small postage fee) or if it isnt essential 2 days max but the CYCLE INDUSTRY - total and utter s h i t e :biggrin:

Once went to the cycle exhibition in londons excel by angel tube station - all those irritating importers knew of me by the time I left esp. RJ Chicken etc... :biggrin:

The cycle customer in this country gets a pretty bad deal in my experience and thats taking into account 20yrs of knowledge.

Its all well and good having a fancy cycleshow but what about supllying the shops availability of goods - the manufacturers know that the UK is a massively prime market as the prices are bigtime high but supplying the goods: someones having alaugh with them and i can only think those must be the importers !

Thats where the webs not so bad as you can flit around sites..but its not an actual 'go into shop' ! :ohmy:

Either I travel for 45 mins to get to good cycles shops or hit the web.

Nick1979

BTFB, have you tried GB Cycles in Croydon as I suggested before? They stock quite a lot of Bianchi and I remember the other day they had a big (not sure if it was a 61 though) white (the special edition, unfortunately sold out in my size :-( ) 928 Veloce on display.

yenrod

fossyant said:
Get a custom handbuilt then - far better than off the peg !

Thats what I may be doing rather than continually searching for a bike in my size needs !

Its only the bike weight that puts me off and the fact ive come to like integral h.sets.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I wouldnt have a clue how to get a bike custom made for me, I am not sure what i want except that it needs to look KOOL...and ride fast and comfy over long distances.

bonj2

Can you not test ride a bike with a similar geometry of frame to the 61cm bianchi?
How does it compare to your galaxy?
Also remember you can chop and change handlebar widths and stem length/rise, and sell the one(s) you take off as new on ebay for almost as much.
That might give you more confidence to buy on line? I'm one of these people who knows exactly what i want in terms of bike so i would usually be confident about buying on line.

Top Bottom