So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dwain pipe

Hi all,

Bacchetta Giro 20 rider from Bristol here. Have also owned a Bacchetta Corsa and Hp Velo Scorpion in the past.

Got my sights set on a P-38...

Owner of an Actionbent Trident an luvvin it!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• the mean machine.jpg
    the mean machine.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 70

Arran

Count me in!

I'm a long-time recumbent rider -- started riding 'bents in 1984 or so -- and currently ride a RANS V-rex and ICE Sprint. Love 'em both, but of course, will be adding n+1 to the stable sometime soon...

starhawk

I'm been a Recumbent fan for a long time, and for a couple of years I have my own bike. It is a Trice Q which I recently converted to an Electricassisted-bike for those pesky uphills. It doesn't give any real help on the flat surfaces or downhill but then you don't need it

Another Catrike owner as of tonight

No fair, it was too dark when I got back from fetching it from Aberyswyth at midnight to adjust the boom length to suit, and to look at mounting the rack

I just want to ride it now, but I can't! But on the plus side it's a bank holiday so I'm sure to get the opportunity to take it for a spin

Very pleased with it too, it was described as hardly ridden and it looks to be just that

That one is a fully up to date machine with the new adjustable seat..... and the wheels are in the sensible configuration this time ;)

Very nice!

My only problem with this design is that on the Catrikes (such as my Expedition) the best way to fit a rack is using the seat cross member.

This new model looks as if it could be a swine to fit a rack to , especially if you want to maintain the seat adjustments

byegad

Legendary Member
There's a cross piece of the frame around 15" from the ground. I'd guess a couple of custom P clips on thet would do the trick, there are mounts near the dropouts for a rack too. I have no plans to put one on but I'm sure I could do it.

I bought it instead of a Speed as it will go through a standard door on its side with me carrying it. I also preferred the 3 x 406 wheels. First ride was short, it rained, well that's the polite word. I climbed the nearest big hill to check out the gearing which is not standard, I got an MTB triple fiitted by Wheels NV. So it is currently running 22 32 44, and soon will be 22 34 48. I thought the stiff and light frame would be good for climbing. I certainly got up both the big hill and the long drag back into the village in a gear somewhat higher than I routinely use on my other two trikes, both of which have everything except the kitchen sink on them. It was stable at 39mph on the run for home down the other side of the big hill!

There's a cross piece of the frame around 15" from the ground. I'd guess a couple of custom P clips on thet would do the trick, there are mounts near the dropouts for a rack too. I have no plans to put one on but I'm sure I could do it.

I bought it instead of a Speed as it will go through a standard door on its side with me carrying it. I also preferred the 3 x 406 wheels. First ride was short, it rained, well that's the polite word. I climbed the nearest big hill to check out the gearing which is not standard, I got an MTB triple fiitted by Wheels NV. So it is currently running 22 32 44, and soon will be 22 34 48. I thought the stiff and light frame would be good for climbing. I certainly got up both the big hill and the long drag back into the village in a gear somewhat higher than I routinely use on my other two trikes, both of which have everything except the kitchen sink on them. It was stable at 39mph on the run for home down the other side of the big hill!

Shame about the weather... what you need now is a fairing!

byegad

Legendary Member
I have a Streamer, which is used on the QNT and Kettwiesel. I am avoiding buying a third fitting kit as the Trail is for hills and I'm deliberately trying to avoid the 'kitchen sink syndrome that affects my first two trikes.
What was obvious yesterday was the Streamer keeps me dryish in even heavy rain, like I experienced yesterday. I was surprised just how wet you get on a bent at nearly 40mph in a downpour, if you don't have a Streamer fairing! Had I done the ride I managed yesterday with a Streamer I'd have been damp rather than soaked to the skin.

Thermofish

Just acquired a Challenge Hurricane off of eBay and just joined the forum. It's been decades since I last rode a 'bent and am currently looking for a quiet place where I can try it out and fall off it without attracting attention.

BenM

Veteran
Just acquired a Challenge Hurricane off of eBay and just joined the forum. It's been decades since I last rode a 'bent and am currently looking for a quiet place where I can try it out and fall off it without attracting attention.

Falling off not allowed unless footage posted on YouTube :smile:

Seriously - enjoy!

B.

Top Bottom