So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CamPhil

Bacchetta Café with crutch holders :smile:
Some modifications still to go, but I can at least start getting used to it on the flat (and getting some desperately needed fitness back).
Pictures can wait until I've got it how I want it.

k4wils

Two, Ice Vortex FS and Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT for the commute. Should have been riding the Ice not the Bacchetta last week, black ice!

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I'm now a newbie novice 'bent rider. Picked up a Bacchetta Strada last week. 40 miles later I still have the wobbles setting off, and had to stop today going up a steep-ish hill that I would have demolished on the road bike. Great fun though!

tricksta

designer/maker fixer/breaker
Recently purchase a HP Velotechnik Scorpion (not FS or FX) and am getting used to riding it. Just invested in some SPD's and shoes to hopefully help with the recumbent knee I have been experiencing a little, but then i'm not exactly used to riding the trike yet and i'm not very fit either (office worker so spend most of my time sat on my rear!) try to get out on it when I can. Put in my first 30mile ride last Saturday at a surprisingly sedate 7-8MPH.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Recently purchase a HP Velotechnik Scorpion (not FS or FX) and am getting used to riding it. Put in my first 30mile ride last Saturday at a surprisingly sedate 7-8MPH.

Well done. That's good going. Of course, the beauty of a trike is that you can be surprisingly sedate without becoming worryingly wobblesome. Picking up speed is always easier than picking up people. :smile:

tricksta

designer/maker fixer/breaker
Going to go out in the snow tomorrow and test out the SPDs and shoes need to work on my spinning technique and get the right muscles working, ill be happy if I can get close to my old mountain biking speeds.

PalmerSperry

Just the one recumbent, a sadly under-utilised Bacchetta Giro 26. Dismantled it to take it to Austria and then had major hassles (particularly with the rear derailleur cable) during the reassembly process, which left me peeved and resulted in the purchase of an upright.

-1 Never really got on with the Bacchetta, so it's gone to the big recumbent playpen in the fens (aka: D-Tek!) and I'm thus recumbent-less for the foreseeable future. :-/ I can see there being another recumbent in my future, but sufficiently far away that when and what are very vague.

jayjay

Veteran
East Yorks,
Ice Sprint - but temporarily masquerading as an Adventure until Ice get caught up with frames :rolleyes:

Anyone else in this area? I've only seen one 'bent, in Asda Bilton car park.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Suppose I'd better add that I'm now 'bent double' as I've added an Ice Trice S to my Bacchetta Strada. I don't see any other bents in Doncaster.....prob 'cos the nearest dealer is 50 miles away!

Top Bottom