So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
SMods_zpsycxckv3i.jpg

Bonifatius

The HP Velotechnik engineers have design of the seat mounting on both sides.
If it is very interesting, I can take a photo if they are not on the Internet already.

The HP Velotechnik engineers have design of the seat mounting on both sides.
If it is very interesting, I can take a photo if they are not on the Internet already.
Thanks. Don't need the photo. Sadly the ICE engineers have only put the 1 water bottle holder mount on their design despite the model it being suitable for touring. I have been given a camalbak insides to assist but I'm still looking at options because where they have put the single mount is of no use to me with a bad back. I have a solution for 1 bottle just not for any others and at the moment an already being too carry more water due to length of time I'm out and current lack of fitness.

I ude a Camelbak "Unbottle"

Camelbak-Unbottle-3L-Bladder.jpg

Can be fitted in the gap behind the seat on most designs, fixed either with straps to the seat frame, or around the seat itself

Tube fits over your shoulder

I ude a Camelbak "Unbottle"

Camelbak-Unbottle-3L-Bladder.jpg

Can be fitted in the gap behind the seat on most designs, fixed either with straps to the seat frame, or around the seat itself

Tube fits over your shoulder
Yep that is what I was given. I just haven't worked out how to fit it behind the seat yet because my crutches are already there and they can't go anywhere else. I'm also not that keen on straps going over the seat to be honest. And I'm used to my camelbak podium which does not get warm at all. So still working on an ideal solution.

Being a numbie to the recumbent scene, how did you get your water bottle mounted there under the seat?

There's a bottle mount under the seat on my Performer - basically 2 Rivnuts inserted into the GRP spine moulding of the hardshell seat. If the trike has a similar seat moulding maybe a mount can be added with Rivnuts?
I've also fitted a Topeak bottle mount (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=CKG2psWAj8UCFevItAodWiIA9Q&gclsrc=aw.ds) to the bike frame under the seat - it's a stainless strap that clamps with a screw and incorporates the two screw mounts for a cage of your choice - so I have 2 bottles mounted under the seat. I can't get at them whilst riding but that seems to be a common 'bent problem.

Falco Frank

Veteran
One more nubie, clocking in.

Toxy TT just bought two weeks ago:

100041000.jpg

Very similar to the above but at the moment with over seat steering...

Keen to try the underseat option as it appeals to my sense of humour.

Kinda wishing I bought a bike with a larger rear wheel diameter already but as an introduction to bents I dont think I could want much better really.

More soon.

Attachments

• 100041000.jpg
    100041000.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom