So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TreeHuggery

me - a little kmx stunt trike - love it ;-)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Did you get a chance to test ride one before you bought it or did you just order online? Was the process pretty smooth?

Bought it online, sight unseen, no test. Process was pretty simple. From the initial emailed statement of interest, all I had to do was:
  • email confirmation of the order (this reserved a frameset in the next batch to be manufactured).
  • await confirmation of manufacturing date.
  • pay a deposit.
  • hold fire until batch run complete.
  • pay the remainder.
  • wait a week for delivery.
  • put the components on.
Mind you, just like the process of coastal erosion, simplicity does not equate to velocity. Although the agent was very good at keeping comms responsive, you're buying something that doesn't yet exist. Its not a case of plucking it from a shelf and boxing it, and there are many more dependencies and opportunities for the timeline to spool out. For me, that meant the mails started flowing at the beginning of the year, and the original ETA was March. There was no deposit payable until May, shortly after which pretty much everything came together. Its taken me the best part of a month to build her since then, mainly because nothing is quite the standard size (eg. skinny derailleur post) or length (eg. brake lines) and work was always going to ramp up as we moved beyond April (which was part of the reason for getting it in March).

Mind you, that's mostly behind me now. I've got the bike, and when I'm next back from the States, I'll be trying her out.

Rural Spaceman

Just out of curiosity how many of us here are recumbent riders (bike or trike)?

I've got a HPV Street Machine.

What about the rest of you?
Street Machine GT

Totally OT

WHen I was in the Navy we had a new midshipman and were told that we had to look after him,and not to upset him

His name was David Carradine!

On his first day , he was introduced by the Commanding Officer

He was not impressed when we all bowed,palms together and said .....

" ahhhhh Glasshopper"

It stuck and for some 15 years the poor guy was referred to as " Grasshopper"

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Sounds like him !

I've Edited your post to include '@' before Cunobelin's name - this will trigger an Alert message for the recipient/ intended victim ! ;)

Top Bottom