So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was.... nice to have met you

As an aside....

One of the girls at work was travelling by car and saw the Grasshopper, and then saw me on the Kett and realised she had been waving at the wrong person!
I have someone who routinely waves at me every time they see me out on the trike. I haven't a clue who they are!

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
hope to try my disabled bones on one to see if i can get back to cycling again
The Street Machine is a very good bicycle. I managed to break the frame on mine after about 20 years though (not a design fault: I'm pretty sure it arose from the slamming effect of coming down from high kerbs onto road. You can't redistribute your weight on a recumbent like you can on an upright) and then switched to a HPV Scorpion trike which I've for about six months now. I used to love my Street Machine but I wouldn't go back to one now that I've got used to the Scorpion. You might want to try both before coming to a final decision. (See post #557 on this thread for a picture of the Scorpion.)

Dont worry, apparently, mine is a 'flying saucer'!

I was on the Catrike:
DSCF0163.jpg

Someone asked where the mounting points for th engine and wings were....

They thought it was a microlight chassis

T'other was a Dr Who event (sad I know) where I had a small fan club who thought that it was a futuristic SciFi vehicle I had built... it included one older guy who remembered seeing Christopher Walken riding a recumbent in "Brainstorm"

09:41

Last edited:

busa5504

Ello @DaddyPaddey recommended I join......being my father I suppose I should do as I am told. I have got a KMX Karts - Venom, had it 1.5 years and love it, when I can pinch it back from @DaddyPaddey doing approx 75 miles a week on it. Its a little agricultural in design but def does the job, being disabled too it has really aided me not only in commuting and exercise. It has a 500w motor also as often I can only use the one leg due to aforementioned disability but only use that on days when i am struggling. It does weigh a fair amount at 27kg fully loaded with battery and motor but manage (without electrics) average 13ish mph for an hour consistently. Major gripes, its heavy, doesn't fold so taking it places such as trains and on the car is a little cumbersome. Nice to meet you all.

Top Bottom