So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Just acquired an Iowa made LWB Linear. First impressions are that it is immensely long, and will take a bit of practice to get to grips with. Needs a little attention but basically sound. Watch this space!

kerryw

Hi All
I have a performer folding trike, bought it about 2 years ago, before that I had an early KMX

View attachment 110114

I probably should have updated this sooner. I now have a 10 year old Ice sprint 3 that I use regularly. I dont think Ive been on the performer since i bought the ice.
IMG_2327.jpeg

stef4n

Hallo this is my first post,

I have an Ice Vortex (currently stripped down in my garage)
a Bacchetta Corsa ( which I really like)
a Pelso Brevet (which I have just purchased but not yet really ridden, I feel this indulgence may have been a mistake but that remains to be seen)
also an Airnimal Joey (to take on holiday as it folds).
My first post too... interested to know why you think the Pelso Brevet may have been a mistake? Has been one of the options I’ve been looking at. I briefly test rode a (superficially similar) Schlitter Encore a couple of years ago and liked it, but read somewhere that the Pelso was a bit too flexy. Really interested in your experience of it.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
My first post too... interested to know why you think the Pelso Brevet may have been a mistake? Has been one of the options I’ve been looking at. I briefly test rode a (superficially similar) Schlitter Encore a couple of years ago and liked it, but read somewhere that the Pelso was a bit too flexy. Really interested in your experience of it.
Very detailed review of a Pelso Brevet here from David Mason, who does lots of bike reviews/reports for Laid Back Bikes in Edinburgh.
I've ridden the Pelso too and liked it - but not the price. :whistle: A bit steep for me.:stop:

OK, first I must make confession: I have been without a recumbent for a few years and have only just realised the error of my ways and returned to the straight and narrow. I have just bought a beautiful Vision R30 from a super chap in North Shields who seems to have owned almost as many recumbents as I have had hot dinners.

I originally went 'bent after a shoulder replacement meant that I could not take weight through my hands. Since then I have had the other shoulder replaced and have had to limit my bike riding to local shopping trips and my part-time job as a Bikeability trainer after selling the various bent bikes. I now have the time and inclination to get back into longer recreational rides. For me and my shoulders, a recumbent is the only viable solution.

The Vision needs a little fettling in terms of longer cables to enable me to get the handlebars in precisely the correct position, but initial impressions are very favourable indeed. It is incredibly easy to ride and is the most comfortable thing I have ever ridden.

a.twiddler

Veteran
OK, first I must make confession: I have been without a recumbent for a few years and have only just realised the error of my ways and returned to the straight and narrow. I have just bought a beautiful Vision R30 from a super chap in North Shields who seems to have owned almost as many recumbents as I have had hot dinners.

I originally went 'bent after a shoulder replacement meant that I could not take weight through my hands. Since then I have had the other shoulder replaced and have had to limit my bike riding to local shopping trips and my part-time job as a Bikeability trainer after selling the various bent bikes. I now have the time and inclination to get back into longer recreational rides. For me and my shoulders, a recumbent is the only viable solution.

The Vision needs a little fettling in terms of longer cables to enable me to get the handlebars in precisely the correct position, but initial impressions are very favourable indeed. It is incredibly easy to ride and is the most comfortable thing I have ever ridden.
What we want is...pictures! And to wish you joy in getting rolling again on a recumbent.

I am indeed enjoying the ride, thanks. I have returned to recumbents because I find conventional bikes to be impossibly uncomfortable for me, and this bike is just superb for the comfort. I have great hopes for longer rides on it.

That is quite stylish in an angular, minimalist sort of way. Nice background, too.
When I bought it I was actually looking to purchase another of the seller's bikes. He had this and an M5 Citymate up for sale, and I much preferred the look of the M5 as it had a much more modern appearance than the Vision. A ride on each bike sold me on the virtues of the Vision however; it was much easier to ride, the riding position for me was preferable, and it just seemed right. The proof of the pudding is definitely in the eating, and although I am not entirely convinced by the old school, 80s/90s look of the Vision, it was certainly the bike for me. I suppose that in time I will get to like its questionable appearance.

Top Bottom