So I am peering at Poncho's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Well no, but I am having second thoughts, in my defence prior to this year the school run has just been taking the eldest to school so when the weather is blowing a hoolly and rain is running out the bottom of your trousers like a river I have worn my cloak, it is heavy wool, it is floor length it has a nice big heavy hood, you can keep a small baby or child underneath it so they do not get wet, but it would not be good for cycling in, and from this year onwards I have one to drop at the top of the village and then one to get tot he bottom of the village in 10 minutes - meaning I need to cycle so I sort of went from cloak to poncho........

I don't think it's that bad an idea. I've perused poncho's myself befor now.

I've got a pac a mac which I keep in my panniers, keeps the top half dry, but legs get wet, a ponch is better for leg dryness.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
They have a huge firework display at the country park near us on Guy Fawkes and we can walk there I generally scare the pants of small children as I walk along cloaked lol! My friend has a fab purple one with all swirls and symbols on it I have cloak envy!

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

I don't think it's that bad an idea. I've perused poncho's myself befor now.

I've got a pac a mac which I keep in my panniers, keeps the top half dry, but legs get wet, a ponch is better for leg dryness.

I want leg dryness I do not want damp bottoms there is nothing worse than damp bottoms

Sara_H

Guru
I want leg dryness I do not want damp bottoms there is nothing worse than damp bottoms
On friday I was more than damp round the botton, I was dripping, and I had puddles in my shoes. I had to hang my clothers on the step ladder in our departments utility room.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

I'm calling the fashion Police.

PS when its raining, your feet and legs get more wet from spray than rain, even with guards.

Even with skirt guards & chain guards & mud guards and extra flappy bits to the mudguards?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm calling the fashion Police.

PS when its raining, your feet and legs get more wet from spray than rain, even with guards.

Not the tops of your thighs, that's all down to the rain!

I'd wear a poncho, but then I'm not bothered about fashion, I just want practicality from my clothes. I think I'd like a cloak though. But I fear I'm too short and dumpy to carry one off.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Not the tops of your thighs, that's all down to the rain!

I'd wear a poncho, but then I'm not bothered about fashion, I just want practicality from my clothes. I think I'd like a cloak though. But I fear I'm too short and dumpy to carry one off.

I am only 5'3" at a push and plumpish, I had mine made in Glastonbury in a shop that was so heavily laden with the scent of incense I can still smell it on my cloak 4 1/2 years later, they are a very useful item to have for all sorts of things

[QUOTE 2641319, member: 259"]Too sweaty. :stop:[/quote]

Thats what I want to avoid getting all hot and stuff whilst keeping dry

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

I use them in the hissing rain. I get sweaty anyway. Main reason is they keep the water out of the top of my overshoes, so my shoes stay dry. Regularly wet shoes = stinky shoes

Arch

Married to Night Train

Rainlegs work well, and aren't sweaty. They just cover the thighs and knees, like chaps. You can wear them rolled around your waist, and just pull them down in moments if it starts to rain.

http://www.rainlegs.com/en/home

They are a bit kinky, if you have a penchant for straps and buckles...

Top Bottom