So I thought I would try this RLJ malarkey...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I wish traffic lights did that for me.

OP
OP
g00se

g00se

Veteran
:laugh: They're set like that to keep the traffic at about 20-25 mph. The important thing is when setting off from the first lights, to get ahead of the cards coming in from the left - otherwise you'll end up stopping and starting behind them.

A few weeks ago - they were out of sync - ended up barrelling through half of them on red (but at that time in the morning, no one is about).

thomas

the tank engine
g00se said:
Well, it seems it's what the fixed-speedie crowd are doing in that there London, so I though I'd give it a go.

Harder than you think.... :angry:

View: http://vimeo.com/12299306

downfader said:
LOL love it!! Did those sensors pick you up I wonder? If they did I wish they'd install them down here. :laugh:

those are the most annoying set of traffic lights in Norwich (well, not really). I could in theory jump them, but they really wind me up as they stop me really trying to boot it down there :blush:. I could do a good speed, but if the sensor played up I would end up RLJing.

I can't remember who, but someone said they once hit 40mph down there before the lights...some years ago I think.

Helly79

ROFL yupe the are good, i think if you go down there at 15 or 20 miles an hour they change to green

OP
OP
g00se

g00se

Veteran
Sorry Thomas - they seem to be set at 'hybrid' speed :laugh: Pretty sure they're not sensored, just timed to stop the drunken driving chav's running down the drunken ped chavs on Friday and Saturday night.

For those that don't know - that's Prince of Wales Road - where every property is alternately a club, bar or kebab shop. Whenever they show the 'Broken Britain' (tm*) binge-drinking-youth-of-today-sprawled-over-the-pavement-outside-provincial-nightclubs on TV - it always seems to be filmed there.

* copyright Noel
(T**t) Edmunds ...

thomas

the tank engine
g00se said:
Sorry Thomas - they seem to be set at 'hybrid' speed :angry: Pretty sure they're not sensored, just timed to stop the drunken driving chav's running down the drunken ped chavs on Friday and Saturday night.

For those that don't know - that's Prince of Wales Road - where every property is alternately a club, bar or kebab shop. Whenever they show the 'Broken Britain' (tm*) binge-drinking-youth-of-today-sprawled-over-the-pavement-outside-provincial-nightclubs on TV - it always seems to be filmed there.

* copyright Noel
(T**t) Edmunds ...

ERRHEM! It's all bloody offices....above lots of night clubs and kebab shops. :laugh:

I don't know if they're sensored of not, but they always seem to go green in the nick of time :blush:

Will1985

Über Member
The Prince of Wales lights are all programmed so that you can have a clear run at 20mph from Castle Meadow - if you go above that you will have to brake.
It would be nice if the lights at the bridge could be synchronised as well - usually end up trackstanding on the bridge until they change.

I remember when they were installed (I was doing A levels so 7 years ago), some taxi drivers hadn't worked out the system and were gunning it between the lights for months.

Top Bottom