So I Was At The Tip This Morning........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That chainwheel is something isn't it.

Lots of work there.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
scrap to some and may, once I've cleaned it up, be scrap to me. But to be honest I'd have paid £3 for a chainring that said HERCULES, just to hang it on my wall...............you either get 'art' or you don't Potsy :whistle:

Yeah, all right, I don't, but it tickled me and we'll see what emerges.

Diggs

Veteran
Good luck with it! I'll never forget the look on Mrs D's face when she looked out of the window to see me dragging two "skip bikes" through the back gate one morning. I love my single speed now and the ladies folder came up well too.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

I doubt I'll build it up, I want to clean up the chainring as a wall ornament for my home office. The frame, and useable parts like the hub, I'm going to send to a friend who runs one of these freecycle to get people riding charity things. He'd asked me to keep an eye out for Sturmey stuff and sound frames, which this actually seems to be underneath the grime.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Ah, but you have to get that cotter pin out first ! Some come out with the merest tap, some you can beating on the end with a lump hammer for hours !

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Ah, but you have to get that cotter pin out first ! Some come out with the merest tap, some you can beating on the end with a lump hammer for hours !

:biggrin: Oh I'm wise to that, I've given it a little clean in that area and then left it soaking in oil....I haven't been defeated by a part yet but I did end up hacksawing a quill stem apart once

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Disappointingly, at our local tip, the employees are prevented from making a few quid by selling old bike frames etc. - no matter what financial incentive is offered to them. They are constantly monitored by CCTV, to ensure that this doesn't happen.

I won't be finding a Hetchins at our local tip. :angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Disappointingly, at our local tip, the employees are prevented from making a few quid by selling old bike frames etc. - no matter what financial incentive is offered to them. They are constantly monitored by CCTV, to ensure that this doesn't happen.

I won't be finding a Hetchins at our local tip. :angry:

+1

Top Bottom