So, if England lose tonight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
They aren't in Euro 2008 and it's just possible we won't have to have wall to wall football coverage and flags on cars for a fornight, or however long it is....

Come on Croatia!

:blush:

girofan

Hopefully they will lose and not qualify. Then there MAY BE?, some soul searching at FA headquarters about their manager and the teams he selects.
But FFS, don't hold your breath.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I hope they qualify, I like it when all the little flags are flying.....

I hope we win the whole thing.

You lot are just haters, it's like hoping nicole cooke will fall off......

walker

Bigtallfatbloke said:
is there a game on tonight?

Like you could not notice, its plastered everywhere.

I hope England win tonight, if anyone is interested, its going to be on in my house, and I got a nice 52 inch TV so you won't miss a thing, if your coming bring beer.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I can understand people not being interested in football, but I don't get the "I hope we loose" attitude.

I can't stand rugby, but I am pleased when the national team do well even if I don't watch the game.

Arch said:
They aren't in Euro 2008 and it's just possible we won't have to have wall to wall football coverage and flags on cars for a fornight, or however long it is....

Come on Croatia!

:blush:

Yay! Come on Arch and Croatia!!!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
trust me, as many of you know I work for SKY Sports (until the end of the week!), and often cover SKY Sports News.

I get more than enough of the inane build up, so much that I probably won't bother watching, I'll take advantage of the lull in traffic!

But it doesn't make me want the team to lose, you know what a good feeling it would give the country if somehow we won the tournament itself......

zimzum42 said:
you know what a good feeling it would give the country if somehow we won the tournament itself......

No, actually I don't :blush:

I know how the tabloid media and the TV news would go overboard about it.
But 'the country' ? No, a relatively small part of the general population would be bothered.

In much the same way as the Mail, Express and TV news are telling us that 'the country' demands answers about Diana's death...

snorri

Legendary Member
Smokin Joe said:
but I don't get the "I hope we loose" attitude.

It is an increase in the inescapable media coverage that we dread. Reporting of football trivia is already running at near saturation levels. If football reporting was restricted to football or sports programmes, or pages, and given less news coverage there might be less of the anti.

Top Bottom