So, if England lose tonight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I had a customer from Germany (a real footie fan) over last yesterday and we went into Oxford for Beers and Food, we didn't run into any footie action in any of the pubs that we passed and stumbled into, not even a tranny on in the background. Nobody we asked about the score had a clue or any interest frankly. I see this as a good thing, when people turn their backs on the game maybe we'll get it into perspective.
As for the b0ll0x regarding the "emergency meeting" of the FA this morning, you'd have though WW3 had broken-out. FFS we need to get football into perspective in this country and now's the time.

snorri

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
I think I'd be supporting the men in orange, seeing as the 'the supporters are friendly, drunk and totally eccentric' bit doesn't really apply to the blues and yellows; apart from the 'drunk' bit! :blush:
I was touring in mainland Europe one year when passing through the Netherlands I became aware of orange decorations all over the place. It turned out there was a football competition in progress,Euro cup or something. My word these Dutch supporters know how to enjoy themselves,:smile::biggrin:

Cheer up you Englanders, you can still beat the the world in Morris Dancing competitions.:smile:

mondobongo

Über Member
Nah we will not be so lucky to see the back pages of the red tops given over to the TdF. They will set up some sort of home nations cup for the amoebas who cant cope with no Engerlund to watch.

Mortiroloboy

that was a complete shambles, Carson is depriving a village somewhere, the rest of them lack any kind of desire to win. Whereas Croatia were still trying to score even when they were 3-2 up and there was just a few minutes to go. It's disgusting and immoral the money those muppets get paid.

Top Bottom