So little cycling so far this year...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
+1 for keeping the bike dry.
Just looked at Metcheck for my postcode. It might not be raining this Thurs or next Mon. Weekend looks like it will be mixture of rain and sleet :sad:.

Rob500

Last year, 2012, March was a good month by my standards and April was a total washout. I only did 60-70miles in the whole of April. iirc it rained constantly. If I don't get out for a decent run before the end of March I'll be over 100 miles down on last year.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 2367133, member: 9609"]
bike-in-snow-jpg.18093.jpg

hmmm.[/quote]
just found this again... that WAS my photo... I have the (pre-edit) original, and that's my best bike... I was aware it had 'done the rounds' a bit, just wondering where you came across it @Reiver (it's Coldrife, by the way, I'm sure you know it, we cycled near there that time we met up)

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 2935895, member: 9609"]I can't really remember, post #32 gives a little clue. - I guess I liked the ridiculousness of plagurising (is that a word) one of your own images in your very own thread ^_^ The odd thing is, when I do a search of this site for that image I appear to be the first person to have posted it, presumably you must have deleted the first one ????

Anyway, thought it was a fantastic picture then and still do - It's a bit like a painting, photos, even good photos get very boring after a while, where paintings leave something for the imagination, you should put it in the photography thread, its a goodin.

You will have to get yourself up here sometime, I will show you the other side of the cheviots, somewhere like here LINK[/quote]
Doh! Silly me. I came across searching forum for summat else, didn't read the thread properly this time . I put it on facebook last year sometime, and a friend shared it, then one of his friends shared it, and so on, I kept seeing it in unlikely places :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
Lot of people wimping out on this topic, the weather has been very good for cycling in Lincolnshire, bit windy at times but nothing much most of it.

As for Metcheck I stopped supporting as I did not want to support the owner. Just my choice that is all.

nappadang

Über Member
I set myself a target of 400 miles per month, this year. Up until yesterday I have completed 826 for the year.
I only started cycling in August so can't compare any stats from last year. 2things in my favour though are North East England has had it pretty easy (weather wise) this winter and I can motivate myself to go out in the cold, wet and windy.
Hopefully the weather will buck up soon so everyone can get back out.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
must admit miles are thin recently and weekend does not look good either

asterix

Comrade Member
In the same boat fnaar.
Last year in March I managed over 1000 miles of cycling
So far, this March I haven't been out on a weekend.
And looking at my sig I am well behind both my target and where I was last year.

I haven't been out at all this March:sad:.

Other than that I go out most days but it's nearly all utility riding.

screenman

Legendary Member
There is no shame in being a fair weather cyclist, a lot of people are. Maybe the desire to just get out and ride for some of you is just not there or is not strong enough.

Top Bottom